+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Darkest Africa!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Dave.

I remember drinking, and enjoying, copious quantities of Windhoek lager when I visited Namibia many years ago.

Laphroaig wiskey? That's one of my favourites as well.

Music tastes? A healthily wide range there. Love them all (apart from New Age/Fusion)!

Enjoy the forum

Regards
    Barry

Hi Barry,

The New Age kick dates back to 1987 and a visit to California. My jazz collection was reasonably complete, my classic collection likewise, and I had a large collection of 60s rock, and - finally - found the pop/rock of the 1980s to be a collection of drivel, so was ripe for something new.

Call it 'right time, right place' but when I walked into a music store and heard Fred Simon's "Time and the River", I was sold...

Mea culpa!

Dave
    If music be the love of food, eat on!
    SYSTEM:
    Linn LP12/HercII/Ittok LVII/Kontrapunkt 'h'/ /Theta Data Basic II & DSPro GenVa/ /Yamaha CDR-HD1300/ /Rotel RT-03
    Classe' CP500/ /2 x Jeff Rowland Model 201/ /Tannoy D700/ /PS Audio Quintet/ /PS Audio power cords & i/cs

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

Some 7 of 9 Jeri Ryan to enjoy!

alfie
    Main System: Denon DP-6000 VPI Base/Fidelity Research FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch or Audio Note CDT & M2Tech Young Dac/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.
    2nd System: PC/Foobar/E-MU 0404 pci (Modded)/AVI ADM9/Rel Strata II subs.

In line with the exhortation to flood the place with pictures to provide background, etc. here is a picture of the house from the garden:

The listening room is just visible on the extreme right - to the right of the recessed patio.

Then, one Sunday morning, we had a visitor who created havoc among the permanent bird population:

Christened "Muhammed Owli", this Spotted Eagle Owl hung around long enough for me grab the camera and shoot a few pics before he got niggled at the squawking and clicking...

Dave
    SYSTEM:
    Linn LP12/HercII/Ittok LVII/Kontrapunkt 'h'/ /Theta Data Basic II & DSPro GenVa/ /Yamaha CDR-HD1300/ /Rotel RT-03
    Classe' CP500/ /2 x Jeff Rowland Model 201/ /Tannoy D700/ /PS Audio Quintet/ /PS Audio power cords & i/cs

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie2902 View Post
    Some 7 of 9 Jeri Ryan to enjoy!

ha ha camel toe hehehehe
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

... welcome dave
    nice house!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Hi Hamish,

Ta muchly for the welcome mat...

BTW, your signature needs some minor re-wording from:

We all know everything - It's all there, it's just behind a door. I call it the stupid door! I call it that because we are all stupid for it! Understanding ones own stupidity, is for me, half the battle!
    to:

We all know everything - It's all there, it's just behind a door. I call it the ignorance door! I call it that because we are all ignorant (to some degree)! Understanding ones own ignorance, is for me, half the battle!
    We need to differentiate between 'stupidity' and 'ignorance' as 'ignorance' can be addressed through learing, but....

As Robert A. Heinlein (in his collection of aphorisms "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long") so succinctly puts it:

"Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity."

Dave
    SYSTEM:

I'm David.

in the spirit of the comment its self, i have duely changed it, ta

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    in the spirit of the comment its self, i have duely changed it, ta
    Was just pulling your leg, but I think you've done the right thing!

You're a gentleman, sir!

Dave
    SYSTEM:

I'm David.

it would have been ignorant not to

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast