+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Project VCS

I'm Simon.

Default Project VCS

Following a weekend tinkering,and re discovering, the enjoyment of vinyl I have finally accepted that to get the best from the records I own, I should (need to) invest is a vacuum record cleaning machine. I have an anti static but as I buy more vinyl from car boot/charity shops than anywhere else, a wet/dry machine would give me the best chance of maximising these purchases.
    As the record doctor v no longer appears to be available in the UK, the next rung up the ladder (price wise at least) is the Project VCS. The launch of this approx 18 month ago seems to have been Pro-Jects testing phase and there have been a number of improvements to the original model.
    I would be interested to hear from anyone with any experience of the VCS as to whether the initial niggles have been resolved, or whether given its competitative price anyone who owns one is happy with the pay off.
    Cheers.

(A frozen iPad has somehow deleted part of the thread title, so if anyone is able to add the S I would be very grateful.

I'm Peter.

It does it for me.... faultless and a very powerful vacuum to boot. “Perfectly dry in less than 10 seconds”. A very clean record collection over the last three months, however it ain’t quite (10 cleans a time is about the bearable limit)

Using either, The Right One fluid, or the Jazz Collective recipe. Both work superbly.

Well worth the purchase price.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Simon.

Thanks Peter. Out of interest, do you have the version with the metal vacuum arm or what appears to be the newer model which is part plastic?

I'm Slav.

My Project has aluminium vacuum arm ,it seems there was a problem with tolerances with the first production run but it seems they sorted it out , been using for well over a year with no issues .

I'm Peter.

Mine has the aluminium arm. As Mac72 has already said, the initial tolerance problems have now been resolved. Mind you, I didn’t realise the arm had been changed to plastic. (Are you sure?)

I'm John.

Happy with mine also, had it just over a year and run over 300 lps through it, no problems at all.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Mine has the aluminium arm. As Mac72 has already said, the initial tolerance problems have now been resolved. Mind you, I didn’t realise the arm had been changed to plastic. (Are you sure?)

Peter, it looks like the latest incarnation has a plastic arm colum as opposed to a metal arm and collar in the earlier models.

I'm Matt.

IIRC, there was an issue with the glue which holds the felt brush on the arm coming unstuck due to getting wet from the cleaning fluid. They resolved it by changing the adhesive.
    I’ve used one a few times & think it does the job very well indeed.
    Like most of the other wet-vacuum cleaners, it’s a bit noisy, so ear-plugs or defenders are advisable.
    I’d say buy with confidence.

+ Reply to Thread