+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grado sr80x

I'm James.

Default Grado sr80x

Good evening, I have just purchased some Grado sr80x headphones, the cable isnt long enough to reach my sofa, should I purchase the proper Grado extension at £37 or go for something I can get for £8? I mean do cables even make a difference?
    Last edited by Pieoftheday; 06-12-2023 at 09:39.
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Lawrence.

I'd say the cheap one at that length could degrade the sound. I've bought a few cheap HP cables on eBay (not extensions ) that are ok they tend to say OFC in the description and come from sellers that have lots of cables so can probably be trusted.

I'm Grant.

would think grado ones will be better but you never know. its often the plug and socket that lets down the cheap ones
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Went for the Grado cable
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm James.

Well after a few weeks I have to say I really like these Grado sr80x headphones. I've just spent the best part of 3hrs using them this afternoon without my lugs getting all hot and sweaty and not a hint of discomfort. They remind me of wharfedale diamond 10.1 speakers, not the most sophisticated but just really enjoyable to listen to

+ Reply to Thread