+ Reply to Thread
Page 988 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 48888893897898698798898999099810381088 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,880 of 11746

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

Deary me Steve. Hope your ok mate.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Ley's see if this annoys you as much as it does me

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...xxAhFgFDGO1_Wf
    'Fear change?' Kin hell.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Geoff.

This afternoon I was working on an upstairs window, and i fell off the ladder, about 3 metres. Or rather the ladder slid away with me on it. Got a rather large gash on my left shin ("Is that white bit a tendon?" "No I think it's a bone") So a trip to A&E. Was able to drive my van as it's an automatic.

Four bloody hours there, including tetanus jab, (third jab in eight days) clean inside the wound (that smarted a bit), and an x-ray (no fractures ) All the staff there look fresh out of school. The radiologist looked at my outer calf muscle and exclaimed "Wow, what's happened there?" "Nothing's happened, that's my shape" Ok I know my shape generally won't get me on the cover of "Men's Health", but really?
    Hmm. Bet that's a bit sore today, hope it eases quickly.

I'm in the 'been there, done that' camp, having busted and gashed many parts of myself.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Bloody Hell Piggurs - take care of yourself mate!

At least you got seen at A&E and didn't have to wait for hours.
    Barry

I'm off down the pub to enjoy a couple of beers before they go above £7 a pint! (It is predicted that by 2025, beer in London will cost £11 a pint. )
    Barry

I'm Grant.

pubs wont exist then. it'll be back to brewing your own. which maybe isnt a bad thing.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    pubs wont exist then. it'll be back to brewing your own. which maybe isnt a bad thing.
    I do feel sorry for publicans and bar staff though. It's an industry that's been on its arse for years.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Bloody Hell Piggurs - take care of yourself mate!

At least you got seen at A&E and didn't have to wait for hours.
    Thanks everyone, I'm feeling a lot better today. The gashed shin isn't giving me any problems, it's all the other bits, both ankles, right wrist and elbow. Didn't do much this morning, just a quick job survey and an hour overseeing a job we didn't finish yesterday because of the er, ladder thing.

At home now, giving an Edie Brickell CD an airing. I'll give vinyl a miss for a couple of days, too much getting up to change sides.

After the weekend we're going to have a couple of days in Poole. There's a good record shop down there (Boiler Room Records), so might manage a couple of purchases if Mrs. P's sympathy for my plight will last that long

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hmm. Bet that's a bit sore today, hope it eases quickly.

I'm in the 'been there, done that' camp, having busted and gashed many parts of myself.
    Was speaking to Alan Firebottle on the phone earlier, he is also in the 'been there, done that' camp. Seems to be an almost inevitable consequence of doing things. Maybe we should have a thread titled "Show us your war wounds"

T'other system:

A/V:

Was speaking to Alan Firebottle on the phone earlier, he is also in the 'been there, done that' camp. Seems to be an almost inevitable consequence of doing things. Maybe we should have a thread titled "Show us your war wounds"
    I don't think that is a good idea!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread