+ Reply to Thread
Page 980 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 48088093097097897998098198299010301080 ... LastLast
Results 9,791 to 9,800 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

im in middle betweem two main cities and one of biggest preto cem plants around about 8 miles as crow flies. to west we also have uk's neclear deterants stored and wind generally comes from there.. so im likely f**ked pretty quick if balloon goes up in full. no point in worrying about it; that wont help me, or change things...but i have a decent supply of meds and whisky to finish job with if needed.
    as for winning; the west would likely win overall but its not what i term winning.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    People with no conception of what a real post-apocalyptic world could be like for the few survivors, should read Cormack McCarthy's 'The Road', it paints a bleak and likely very realistic picture. Terrifying really.
    ive got threads; which is good, it was fairly graphic too. ive got it on bluray actually as i picked up the remastered version recently. not had a chance to try it yet... but watched original not too long ago.

when the wind blows with john mills and peggy ashcroft was good too.

i might add the west could probably destroy russia without nukes
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

People with no conception of what a real post-apocalyptic world could be like for the few survivors, should read Cormack McCarthy's 'The Road', it paints a bleak and likely very realistic picture. Terrifying really.
    No thanks, the film was bleak enough!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ive got threads; which is good, it was fairly graphic too. ive got it on bluray actually as i picked up the remastered version recently. not had a chance to try it yet... but watched original not too long ago.

when the wind blows with john mills and peggy ashcroft was good too.

i might add the west could probably destroy russia without nukes
    Nothing like the BBC to make really depressing content, I actually watched it last night on Brit box, it didn't disappoint!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Watching Newsnight now, events are progressing with depressing predictability. Talks of a Nato/Russian war, 'boots on the ground' and all the rest, just like it happened in Threads. Putin made a very aggressive speech against the US, saying that they 'set a precedent' with the nuking of Japan in 1945! An analyst said that no Russian leader post WW2 ever made such a hateful speech. Are we only weeks or months away from a full scale nuclear war?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Are we only weeks or months away from a full scale nuclear war?
    We won't know. If it happens there'll be no warning, not even if missiles are on their way. The powers that be would know briefly, but a warning would just panic everybody for the short time before devastation and save nobody. Best to try and live where there are no strategic targets and that's no guarantee of safety and god knows how the world may look for survivors.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

he is a desparate man, but there may well be more sensible ones to take over...who really knows, but they must know that going neclear will only destroy what they want to protect.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Paranoid psychopaths tend to be irrational.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Paranoid psychopaths tend to be irrational.
    That describes Stalin and even he wasn't crackers enough to start WW3. I think Putin is far more intelligent and pragmatic than Stalin. He also doesn't have the absolute power Stalin had. Stalin could make decisions in a vacuum, Putin has to take into account other factors.

I suspect the problem is that he was lied to by his generals about the readiness and proficiency of his armed forces and as a result he's got himself into a stalemate situation.

As usual the media are talking it all up as it gets them viewers.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

A nuclear war is likely not worth surviving, depending on how well the US defence systems compare to Russia's. The UK is probably prime target after the US, so probably best to get onto the continent if you can. Judging by previous US actions, they won't be backing down on Ukraine, now everyone's saying that only leaves Putin with the nuclear choice, 'to save face'. But if we know this is likely to lead to nuclear war, then why don't the US back down, or are they too mad they are willing to go nuclear to 'save face' as well?

+ Reply to Thread