+ Reply to Thread
Page 979 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 47987992996997797897998098198910291079 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,790 of 11746

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The original 60's Addams family were really all weird; brilliant casting. john astin was a good actor; jackie coogan was a millionaire as a child actor. big ted cassidy; well what can you say but what a lurch. carolyn jones was very attractive, even in her black spooky outfit..

John Astin also starred in one of my mum's favourite films, Evil Roy Slade. Another favourite was Cactus Jack, with Arnie. She liked daft films. Thay always seemed to have Western themes, like one of her best liked quotes, Bob Hope: "I'll have a milk... in a dirty glass" - Bet no one remembers that!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

It may be The Sun, but this is a real concern!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/199511...e2KM8itg%3D%3D
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

i can forsee a load of nukes soon if he does.. that would be a direct attack on nato countries..ww3 folks... it'll save the tories hiring another pm too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

well as long as he leaves it until after the weekend.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    well as long as he leaves it until after the weekend.
    Why, what's happening this weekend?
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Why, what's happening this weekend?
    well there's the Wigwam show, but I was just meaning generally. If the world is going to end I'd rather it happened on Monday morning than Friday night.

I suppose if you're retired it makes no difference.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Can't argue with that logic

I can see a lot of folk being seriously anxious about current events, so for once I'll hold off on the flippant remarks. Till Monday.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i can forsee a load of nukes soon if he does.. that would be a direct attack on nato countries..ww3 folks... it'll save the tories hiring another pm too
    The annexation of the three Russian invaded Ukraine zones announced today by Putin, saying they are now part of Russia, means that any further attacks or resistance by Ukrainian forces are likely to be declared acts of war against Russia! To capitalise, Putin is likely to say such action is NATO sponsored hostilty. Not good.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Putin really does seem to be in a rush to start a nuclear war, first the referanda bullshit, now these pipelines. He's lashing out like a maniac, and the US should tread carefully, but they never do. We're closer than ever to nuclear holocaust, but where is the CND? Where are the protests, we're walking into Armageddon, yet people are blissfully ignorant. I watched 'Threads' last night, and I'm trying to think of where the safest place to ride out a nuclear holocaust is, then I realised, it doesn't matter, cos 95% of the world will die of starvation anyway, I really don't get this nuclear war thing, a war with no possible victors.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    I really don't get this nuclear war thing, a war with no possible victors.
    People with no conception of what a real post-apocalyptic world could be like for the few survivors, should read Cormack McCarthy's 'The Road', it paints a bleak and likely very realistic picture. Terrifying really.

+ Reply to Thread