+ Reply to Thread
Page 902 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 4028028528929009019029039049129521002 ... LastLast
Results 9,011 to 9,020 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Nasty, Steve, hope you’re soon on the mend. Take some comfort that you are now part of the elite club who’s posts run into five figures, though.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Nasty, Steve, hope you’re soon on the mend. Take some comfort that you are now part of the elite club who’s posts run into five figures, though.
    Oh yeah, I hadn't even noticed! Don't know how I've managed to say so much without actually saying anything, but then Eastenders have been doing that for years

Anyway, cheers guys. Plenty of sunblock on me snout from now on...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Feeling sorry for myself right now.

Just got back from the hospital where a decent-sized portion of my nose has been removed, and the skin replaced by a patch harvested from under my ear - not nearly as much fun as it sounds. Five injections of local into my neck, and another seven into my nose, with half of the stuff going down my throat, numbing it so I couldn't swallow.

I didn't think an eye could water so much, and by the time they'd finished my eyes were almost glued shut by half-dried tears.

Still, I got two free brews and a biscuit, and a day off work. Speaking of which, I don't know how I'm gonna keep these dressings clean and attached for a week, doing what I do.

I know that compared to the proper surgery some folk on here endure my "ordeal" is a piece of piss, but I never said I was tough...and to add insult to injury, when I look in the mirror it looks like bugger all
    take the week off is my advice.. no point in being brave as you'll not get any brownies.. look after yourself, rest and play muzak,
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    take the week off is my advice.. no point in being brave as you'll not get any brownies.. look after yourself, rest and play muzak,
    yes do that, hope you feel better soon, sure you will.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Thanks fellers, for your advice - sounds good, but can't do that just now, I'd be letting folk down. BUT... it is all going to change, as I'm sick of having the disadvantages of self-employed (no sick or holiday pay) without the advantages (working to my own schedule at my own pace). It's like I have a boss all over again. Unless I can completely fill my week I barely make minimum wage, and filling my week means no crap weather, no injury or sickness, no non-delivery of product, and definitely no holidays

The price of the 8-yarder skip on my drive (which I pay for) and materials costs (which I also provide) have all gone up 30% or more this last year, while fitters' rates are virtually unchanged. I foresee a fitters revolt in the coming weeks, and I won't mind being at the front of it, because life's too short to be fretting about shit like this.

Sorry for boring you with this, I'm just a bit fed up right now.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Grant.

Thanks fellers, for your advice - sounds good, but can't do that just now, I'd be letting folk down. BUT... it is all going to change, as I'm sick of having the disadvantages of self-employed (no sick or holiday pay) without the advantages (working to my own schedule at my own pace). It's like I have a boss all over again. Unless I can completely fill my week I barely make minimum wage, and filling my week means no crap weather, no injury or sickness, no non-delivery of product, and definitely no holidays

The price of the 8-yarder skip on my drive (which I pay for) and materials costs (which I also provide) have all gone up 30% or more this last year, while fitters' rates are virtually unchanged. I foresee a fitters revolt in the coming weeks, and I won't mind being at the front of it, because life's too short to be fretting about shit like this.

Sorry for boring you with this, I'm just a bit fed up right now.
    i know what you mean steve. i was self employed in trade myself and it can end up being pointless when a few things go agin you, and you just get to paying out more than you take in, even doing 14 hr shifts.. as for skips; yes i was shocked to see current prices. i need one but its too much money.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

8 yarder I use went up last Jan from £210 to £240, and went up again last month to £265. And they take it away after 3 weeks, full or not. My advice would be to pile it up in the garden for a rubbish removal firm to take away. Prob less than £100 that way.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Maybe we should start a business renting skips? Got to be some space in the market if the prices are so high.

I mean once you've bought your skips and paid back for them after that it's all profit. And a skip must last years before you have to replace it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    And a skip must last years before you have to replace it.
    They don't you know. They get damaged by all sorts of things. My mate had a successful skip company and moaned about the cost of repairs and replacements.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Feeling sorry for myself right now.

Just got back from the hospital where a decent-sized portion of my nose has been removed, and the skin replaced by a patch harvested from under my ear - not nearly as much fun as it sounds. Five injections of local into my neck, and another seven into my nose, with half of the stuff going down my throat, numbing it so I couldn't swallow.
    How did that happen?

Anyway look after yourself - play some good tunes and drink a few beers.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread