+ Reply to Thread
Page 900 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 4008008508908988999009019029109501000 ... LastLast
Results 8,991 to 9,000 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Geoff.

Robinson Crusoe would not get published, etc. etc.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

yup, the point for me is that if you dont like it, dont read it. as long as its not inciting violence on people/groups etc then so what if it isnt whatYOU want to read.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The 'Thought Police' are everywhere. If you write what you think, Sensitivity Readers will get you.

https://quillette.com/2019/10/01/the...ivity-readers/
    ''Uncle Tom’s Cabin may have started the Civil War''

Absurd. This is the trouble with the liberal intelligentsia. They think what is written by them and their ilk has some effect on the world ignoring the fact that the vast majority of people don't read anything. Plus they have no knowledge of history, or what they think they know about history is just wrong.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    ''Uncle Tom’s Cabin may have started the Civil War''

Absurd. This is the trouble with the liberal intelligentsia. They think what is written by them and their ilk has some effect on the world ignoring the fact that the vast majority of people don't read anything. Plus they have no knowledge of history, or what they think they know about history is just wrong.
    the south felt they were powerless in the union and it proved so when lincoln won without a vote from the southern states. it was a political war, and the only real slavery bit was the policy of what the south could do with their slaves and where they could take them etc. hell some of lincoln's family had slaves..
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Who decides the credentials of Sensitivity Readers and who would those making these decisions be? It's bollocks, intended to stifle free thought.

If you Google 'sensitivity readers' you'll see what going on.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

ive started an unsensitivity reader co... i tell authors when they are not upsetting anyone
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Check out this photo of my neighbourhood, taken in 1933:

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I'm going to cancel the cancel culture. That should wake the wokes up!

I'm Grant.

lots of chimneys... are there any left?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Check out this photo of my neighbourhood, taken in 1933:

My local in 57... i can find my mother and father's house near top (from no 10. go up at about 60o until second group of houses. its the one with the black looking bay window towers. town is much bigger now.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread