+ Reply to Thread
Page 898 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 398798848888896897898899900908948998 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,980 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If you're referring to when you worked at Pizza Express, I'm sure he would remember you. I'm told your 12" meat feast is unforgettable
    If only

(more of a bargain bucket)
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Grant.

uk has lost 8 million trees this winter...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60348947
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    uk has lost 8 million trees this winter...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60348947
    Has to be seen in context which the article leaves out of course. There's 3 billion trees in the UK. They estimate they lost 7000 hectares to storms, but new planting 2019 to 2020 alone was 13,000 hectares.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

True to a point but different species planted and many take 50 yes to get near to where these one were. It's currently all about carbon and soil erosion.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    True to a point but different species planted and many take 50 yes to get near to where these one were. It's currently all about carbon and soil erosion.
    That would be an issue if it was only last year that they planted any new ones. But they plant thousands of hectares of them every year and always have done. Total number of trees in UK has been increasing since the early 1970s - who remembers 'Plant a Tree in '73'?

Anyone would think trees never got blown over in storms before. Which is the impression they are trying to give.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

The other day was looking at aerial photos of the local area that were taken in the 1920s and 1930s.

First thing you notice is how barren the landscape was. Areas that I assumed had always been woodland were totally devoid of trees back then. Either just open land or brownfield.

The church in the town is pretty much invisible these days except for the top of the tower, the perimeter is totally surrounded by big trees and there's a few dozen more in the churchyard itself. But in 1933 there was not a single one.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Usually keep my bank card in my coat pocket but a week or so ago took it out to buy something and left it on the coffee table.

Every time I saw it there I thought about putting it back in the coat pocket in case it gets lost, but I didn't.

last night decided I needed to go and draw some cash out so go to the table and sure enough, no sign of the card. There's a bit of clutter on the table, not much, but enough for it to hide in so I move all that and no sign of it. As it was getting dark decided to leave a wider search until the morning and full daylight.

So this morning I start the search. First place I look for anything is under the cushions on the sofa. So move the laptop and some other stuff off of the sofa and onto the coffee table so I can get the cushions up. Coffee table now overloaded and a bit precarious but it will only be for a minute.

Lift all the cushions, find some small change and a packet of Rennies, but no bank card. Go to replace the cushions and clumsily knock them against the pile on the coffee table. The teetering pile with laptop on top goes crashing down onto the floor. Bollocks.

But the landslide has exposed the bank card, which has been sat on the coffee table all along. In one of the exact places I looked last night. How does this happen? How is it even possible?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

its true that things in plain sight can be hardest to see on many occasions. Your brain often sees what expects to see, and if you thought it lost then you probably skipped recognising it.

https://www.seeker.com/how-do-things...834345065.html
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    How does this happen? How is it even possible?
    Sod's law mate. Ask Mr. Sod, he'll confirm it .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread