+ Reply to Thread
Page 879 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 379779829869877878879880881889929979 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,790 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Geoff.

Fell down a few stairs earlier. Hurt my left shoulder, wrist and knee and all the toes on right foot and bumped my back. Not badly, just enough to know it'll all be sore tomorrow. Serves me right for coming down in the dark!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

You need to take more care Geoff - none of us are as young as we once were.

I tripped over a pile of books, fell awkwardly and 'ricked' my neck. It took me six months to fully recover.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

i ndeed geoff. take care. youll be sore
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Almost a manhunt

Police in the US are searching for four monkeys that escaped after a truck carrying 100 of them was involved in a crash.

The trailer, which was carrying the monkeys to a laboratory in Florida, collided with a dump truck on a motorway in Pennsylvania.

No-one was hurt, but some monkeys managed to escape.

Two have been located, but the authorities are still trying to catch them, the New York Times reports.

Two others remain on the run
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

ESCAPE!!

A robot vacuum cleaner made a break for freedom after giving staff the slip at a Travelodge hotel.

The automated cleaner failed to stop at the front door of the hotel in Orchard Park in Cambridge on Thursday, and was still on the loose the following day.

Staff said it just kept going and "could be anywhere" while well-wishers on social media hoped the vacuum enjoyed its travels, as "it has no natural predators" in the wild.

It was found under a hedge on Friday.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Strange. I thought they hibernated this time of year?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Almost a manhunt

Police in the US are searching for four monkeys that escaped after a truck carrying 100 of them was involved in a crash.

The trailer, which was carrying the monkeys to a laboratory in Florida, collided with a dump truck on a motorway in Pennsylvania.

Two have been located, but the authorities are still trying to catch them, the New York Times reports.

That's some quality Monkey News there Grant.

It's been a while.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Strange. I thought they hibernated this time of year?
    im guessing it had an identity crisis and wanted to be a 'hedgehog'
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Almost a manhunt

An unnamed source said it may be some time before we get them back, as we all know that it is best to adopt the "slowly slowly catchy monkey" approach
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The electric sunroof of my car became 'self aware' the other day. Came back from doing a bit of shopping and noticed that the rear was tilted up. It was not like that when I parked the car (or not that I had noticed), but when I unlocked the car and got in to shut the sunroof, none of it's controls worked - all I got was a clicking sound from the mechanism but no movement.

Now I had had the battery replaced about 20 months ago, and in doing so the car had to be 'told' that the battery was new so all the car settings would remain. Thinking the same might have to be done to sort out the sunroof, I took the car to my local friendly garage to get it sorted out. They thought all it might need is 'resetting', so I left it with them only to be told about an hour later that there was nothing wrong with it and the sunroof was working perfectly.

Since they hadn't done anything there was no charge; apart from me feeling a bit of a fraud and somewhat foolish in having wasted their time!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread