+ Reply to Thread
Page 877 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 377777827867875876877878879887927977 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,770 of 11743

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I know the feeling. I was at that stage for the umpteenth time years ago and bought a vape kit. It immediately got rid of that 'going nuts' feeling. Not looked back and don't even think of fags these days. Saving a lot of money too!

All I have to do now is figure out how to cut down the vaping .
    yeah, i vape on and off now. but didnt when i stopped. i took it up about 4/5 yrs later lol. i like the menthol stuff as it clears my tubes.
    i think it might help but i think the cigarette ones are best. not too strong and you can open them and top them up with liquid saving money
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    takes about 10 days to get over the first stage. then you feel all smug its doable going cold turkey, thats how i did it originally. after about 4 weeks i cracked and tried a rollie.. i had 2 puffs and nearly spewed. that was that
    Ok, so hopefully if I get through next week I'll be over the worst, but after almost 50 years I'm expecting my mind to be using a few tricks to trip me up. Like you, I want to do it cold turkey, I don't want to go down the vaping route.

My brother gave up 20 years ago after going to a seminar by a bloke called Allen Carr (not the "comedian"), and hasn't smoked since. Ironically, Allen Carr has since died of lung cancer I heard.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

you will still get urges, especially at times of stress, but they will fade
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Thanks guys, it's good to hear from others who have gone through same stuff and come out the other side

One thing I'm trying (although I've not told Mrs. P yet) is putting away £20 each week into a "hifi" tin, which I'm hoping will give me some incentive. I may have cheated a bit, I've already got 40 quid in it, and I only quit on Thursday
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

try keeping busy and sleeping. less chance of thinkng about it.. youll get there if you want to. i smoked 60 a day for near 40 yrs
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    About time. Sick of paying for total crap I never watch. 'Inside The Factory' was the last straw. Everything wrong with the BBC summed up in one programme.

''The BBC has already made substantial cost savings behind the scenes, meaning the next round of cuts are likely to hit on-air services.''

Must think we were born yesterday. If it didn't affect on air services why were they spending money on it in the first place?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    About time. Sick of paying for total crap I never watch. 'Inside The Factory' was the last straw. Everything wrong with the BBC summed up in one programme.

''The BBC has already made substantial cost savings behind the scenes, meaning the next round of cuts are likely to hit on-air services.''

Must think we were born yesterday. If it didn't affect on air services why were they spending money on it in the first place?
    i cancelled the licence few years ago. i never watched it anyway. prefer my films
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I have never been a smoker, just can't stand the smell on clothes.
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm guy.

Wow!

Air pressure reading from Met office after "Tonga eruption"

https://twitter.com/metoffice/status...622914/photo/1

and up to 100 "lightening events per second" just prior to eruption

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-p...on-2022-01-17/
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread