+ Reply to Thread
Page 861 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 361761811851859860861862863871911961 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,610 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes, 'Bullshit Boris' and his pals have outlived their uselessness. Sadly, it's been like having a bunch of students in charge. Unfortunately, the alternative is equally unattractive.
    not sure it can be any worse tbh.. think they will can him in new year
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not sure it can be any worse tbh.
    If the next government is Labour, things will be worse. Endless infighting and 'woke' crap and all the minority agendas being thrust at us.

Talk about 'the devil and the deep blue sea'. Regular folk have no chance of a look in either way.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not sure it can be any worse tbh.. think they will can him in new year
    I don't think so. People said that about Thatcher in 1980.

You don't dump a leader whose recently won you a massive majority. Tories are many things but they are not daft.

I predict he'll still be here at the next election and will win again although with lower majority.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't think so. People said that about Thatcher in 1980.

You don't dump a leader whose recently won you a massive majority. Tories are many things but they are not daft.

I predict he'll still be here at the next election and will win again although with lower majority.
    Alternative view could be that there will be pressure from "newly elected" Conservative MP's in "traditional Labour" seats for something to be done to regain public confidence - that something would be dumping Boris?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Grant.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Alternative view could be that there will be pressure from "newly elected" Conservative MP's in "traditional Labour" seats for something to be done to regain public confidence - that something would be dumping Boris?
    I don't think that will happen. Perfectly normal for a government in mid term to be polling low and losing by-elections, even without a global pandemic. Next election still a long way off and a week is a long time in politics let alone three years.

Plus new MPs don't really have any say in how the party () is run.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

It looks like most Christmas parties this year will be cancelled, and probably a good idea. Those determined to have a right old knees up might have to resort to wandering round Westminster with a bottle of single malt.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

couldnt make it up. the guy the tories put in to check their partying, was partying himself and is stepping down.. pity he didnt own up before he was caught.. its just institutionalised lying.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If the next government is Labour, things will be worse. Endless infighting and 'woke' crap and all the minority agendas being thrust at us.

Talk about 'the devil and the deep blue sea'. Regular folk have no chance of a look in either way.
    I thought some of the Tory fightback against the Woke agenda was heartening, but like many Tory promises, they are largely hot air. Woke ideas have been firmly entrenching themselves in the UK since the 80s, back then it was called Political Correctness. Charities, universities, healthcare, much more push back is needed. Pregnant mothers are now routinely referred to - collectively anyway - in NHS literature as 'pregnant people', it's so Orwellian, and shows complete disdain for normal folk, on the one hand, a lot of this crap doesn't matter in our day to day lives, but on the other, you wonder how far it will go, until it does. I was also utterly dismayed by all the BLM stuff over the last year or two, I find the narrative has been completely skewered, same with these woke types constantly banging about Britain's colonial past, with statues quietly been removed all over the country. Again not really the sort of thing that matters to people in their everyday lives, it feels performative, who really cares about statues anyway? Unless they start gunning for more important figures like Churchill or Queen Victoria, personally not a fan of either, but what does scare me is the Maoist 'Year zero' thinking of these zealots. One things for sure, important matters like affordable housing, immigration, and the state of our town centres post covid, will hardly be addressed, to be honest, politicians are really of no use to us, we have to do these things ourselves, and with the almost complete lack of public action these days, that results in 'every man for himself'.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread