+ Reply to Thread
Page 835 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 335735785825833834835836837845885935 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,350 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Series 4 of Blakes 7 starts on Monday. 2100.

best thing on telly at the moment.
    Tried watching them. Just a bit too creaky for me. More 'school pantomime' than sci-fi drama .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Tried watching them. Just a bit too creaky for me. More 'school pantomime' than sci-fi drama .
    I can forgive the creakiness as the rest of it is so good. I mean it's space opera, not science fiction, so you have to suspend disbelief and get into the sprit of it.

The character of Avon has to be one of the best anti-heroes ever created, and played to perfection by Paul Darrow. Worth watching for that alone IMHO.

Plus it's proper telly, meaning it's sole purpose is to entertain, not to push some tragic woke agenda.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

A couple of years back Benedict Cumberbatch was talking about doing a film version. He would play Avon and Tom Hardy was attached to play Blake.

Doesn't seem to have moved on any further though which is a shame.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Anybody noticed the Verisure Alarms TV advert? The two guys in it sound like Julian Clary impersonators.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm guy.

I can forgive the creakiness as the rest of it is so good. I mean it's space opera, not science fiction, so you have to suspend disbelief and get into the sprit of it.

The character of Avon has to be one of the best anti-heroes ever created, and played to perfection by Paul Darrow. Worth watching for that alone IMHO.

Plus it's proper telly, meaning it's sole purpose is to entertain, not to push some tragic woke agenda.
    Funnily enough I watched the most recent episode of Dr Who, talk about trying too hard
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Funnily enough I watched the most recent episode of Dr Who, talk about trying too hard
    I've attempted it but it's just unwatchable. Not only because of the woke stuff but also because it's fundamentally crap.

The only time it was ever really any good was in the Pertwee/Baker years and even then it was only the Terry Nation stories that were above average.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm matt.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    We gave up on it after Matt Smith. For a kids program it was surprisingly good I thought. I consider myself a lefty but don't like this woke stuff either.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    We gave up on it after Matt Smith. For a kids program it was surprisingly good I thought. I consider myself a lefty but don't like this woke stuff either.
    Most of the people I know are lefties and they don't like it either. Makes you wonder.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Most of the people I know are lefties and they don't like it either. Makes you wonder.
    I only know one leftie and he's bonkers.

I'm Grant.

im a mid centre of the right wing left, somewhere not a million miles from liberal left but nearer liberal republican
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread