+ Reply to Thread
Page 747 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 247647697737745746747748749757797847 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,470 of 11778

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'll eat salami and chorizo and that but never liked 'British' sausage no matter how fancy it is. Nothing to do with ingredients I think it's the texture aka 'mouth feel' that puts me off.
    you need to try real lorne flat sausage... prefrably ayrshire as its got the lamb in it too; improves it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    you need to try real lorne flat sausage... prefrably ayrshire as its got the lamb in it too; improves it.
    When visiting our friends in Ayr we always get that at breakfast time. Really nice, a bit salty though. We always bring some back
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

I tend to avoid meat simply because I don't like it. But also, I've never really understood why sentient animals should be murdered just to put food on my plate when alternative foods will do just fine.

One could argue that they would not have had the benefit of being born otherwise. Unfortunately, that sort of smacks of the philosophy that existed in attitudes to humans in Nazi death camps where people were reduced to being seen as a disposable product.

I find seeing a slice of what was recently a living, reasonably intelligent creature on my plate a little unsavoury, so to speak.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yeah but eyelashes and bits of old carrier bag improve the flavour Truthfully, we only ever get decent sausages, and sometimes VEGETARIAN sausages! Hanging my head in shame.
    Lol... Cheap sausages are truly nasty things, full of entrails, cartridge and goodness knows what, plus they're extremely fatty, so it's got to be something with a high-meat content. I also like to know where my food (not just sausages) comes from, as much as possible, and that it's from a responsible and ethical source. That's why I only ever buy sausages from the local butcher, which come from free-range pigs on his own farm, half an hour from my house!

I applaud you on the veggie sausages, but they're not for me, as I find them rather tasteless in comparison, so if I'm going to eat sausages, it's proper ones or nothing. One exception though, which is Del's favourite, and really the only type she'll eat, are Glamorgan sausages, see here: https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Those are made from cheese, leeks and breadcrumbs. shaped into sausages, and delicious! If you haven't tried them, give them a go, but don't expect them to act as 'faux meat', like other veggie sausages, as they won't give you that 'hit'. They're essentially like vegetable croquettes.

One of Del's pet hates, as a long-term veggie/semi-vegan, is vegetarian food pretending to be meat! I guess it's fine for meat eaters wanting to turn veggie or eat less meat, and so feel like the texture's the same, but not if you hate meat (both the taste and texture), as any true veggie does.

Oh and while I'm on the subject, true veggies don't eat fish either! Those are pescatarians. She'll throw a major strop, when we're in a restaurant, if when she's told them that she's veggie, some dimwit offers her fish...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It's personal taste of course, but I'd say not so much 'spiced', but well-seasoned and prepared with the use of fresh herbs. Spiced only if it forms the basis for Asian cuisine or such like.

Marco.
    Going "veggie" was an education in spicing for me - much of my cooking at that time was daal/pulse based (need to keep up protein intake - important to use mixture of beans in order to get mixed amino acids ).
    Beans need spicing to make them palatable In my opinion - unless you insist on eating bloody awful "baked beans"
    Indian cuisine has a great tradition of vegetarian cooking as so many of the population do not eat meat, so go to the best practitioners.

On my baked bean aversion, I just can't stand the sickly over sweet sauce - a complete "no no" with a cooked breakfast
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Grant.

each to their own.. it doesnt bother me tbh. but i dont eat much meat as a whole.. i do like white fish, and yes its meat too but hey, i was born to eat it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

One of Del's pet hates, as a long-term veggie/semi-vegan, is vegetarian food pretending to be meat! I guess it's fine for meat eaters wanting to turn veggie or eat less meat, and so feel like the texture's the same, but not if you hate meat (both the taste and texture), as any true veggie does.

Oh and while I'm on the subject, true veggies don't eat fish either! Those are pescatarians. She'll throw a major strop, when we're in a restaurant, if when she's told them that she's veggie, some dimwit offers her fish...

Marco.
    Crikey, I didn't realise that Del is a vegetarian - how does she cope with cooking meat for you?
    I had a real aversion to going anywhere near meat after a few months of not eating it. I hadn't previously realised how much meat counters/butchers smell until I gave up eating the stuff
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

Lol... Cheap sausages are truly nasty things, full of entrails, cartridge and goodness knows what, plus they're extremely fatty, so it's got to be something with a high-meat content. I also like to know where my food (not just sausages) comes from, as much as possible, and that it's from a responsible and ethical source. That's why I only ever buy sausages from the local butcher, which come from pigs on his own farm, half an hour from my house!

I applaud you on the veggie sausages, but they're not for me, as find them rather tasteless in comparison, so if I'm going to eat sausages, it's proper ones or nothing. One exception though, which is Del's favourite, and really the only type she'll eat, are Glamorgan sausages, see here: https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp...hrome&ie=UTF-8

..which are made from cheese, leeks and breadcrumbs. shaped into sausages,, and are delicious! If you haven't tried those, give them a go, but don't expect them to act as 'faux meat', like other veggie sausages, as they won't give you that 'hit'. They're essentially vegetable croquettes.

Marco.
    As a vegan, how does she feel about bags and shoes pretending to be leather? Or as a semi-vegan is it ok to mix 'n' match? I find it all so confusing, as I'm sure many restaurant waiters and shoe shop staff probably do.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm guy.

No one ever thinks of those poor crocodiles used to make those slip on shoes
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I tend to avoid meat simply because I don't like it. But also, I've never really understood why sentient animals should be murdered just to put food on my plate when alternative foods will do just fine.

One could argue that they would not have had the benefit of being born otherwise. Unfortunately, that sort of smacks of the philosophy that existed in attitudes to humans in Nazi death camps where people were reduced to being seen as a disposable product.

I find seeing a slice of what was recently a living, reasonably intelligent creature on my plate a little unsavoury, so to speak.
    Watching this short information film will help

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread