+ Reply to Thread
Page 693 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703743793 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

Was walking home from school with some mates on a snowy day, one dropped behind us without being noticed and stated chucking snowballs at our backs. We chucked a couple back and one youth says to him 'I dare you to chuck one at this car that's coming.' So he turns round and lobs one at this bright green Capri that's tooling up the road towards us and it impacts right on the windscreen.

The Capri screeches to a halt and this enormous bloke - he must have been a weightlifter or something - jumps out screaming, bright red in the face, and starts legging the youth up the road. We shot off in the other direction thinking that if he couldn't catch him he'd come back for us, but we were laughing so hard we could hardly run.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

yeah back in day when you did get a lot of good snow every year it was fairly common toss them at cars etc. buses were a safer bet tho. if car driver caught you he would give you a doing too and often did. nowadays the driver would as you say, get jailed, but then if you told parents they would give you another doing so nowt was said and you learned not to do it; or run faster
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Running away from a potential beating was an essential skill in those days.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

That same youth got into all sorts of scrapes as he always wanted to be popular so he'd never refuse a dare. It would always work out spectacularly badly for him, but he never learned.

No idea what he's doing now, probably Chairman of ICI or something.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Slingshots were popular the rest of the year when there was no snow.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

That must have died out by my day, don't recall anyone ever having a catapult. I was in detention once and they set some youth's polyester blazer on fire with a magnifying glass. It really went up too. he was running around yelling and trying to get it off. That was pretty funny.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Here's a table of the new gender neutral personal pronouns. Get memorising, there'll be a test tomorrow:

You'll have to put me down as a fail as I don't understand the question.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'm trying to visualise what kind of person with nothing better to do thought that lot up.
    Think of a Magnum lolly with the chocolate bitten of and an angry face drawn on what's left, and you'll be close.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i was going to say a lot of bullshit, but i better be safe and say cattleshit
    The sheep aren't happy about you excluding them, they're having a meeting

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    cool.. mine was via this which is probably similar ..Latin ferula (“giant fennel (whose stalks were once used in punishing schoolboys); rod, whip”), from ferire (“to strike”).

wouldnt have been normal at my school. belting was common but not the cane; it would have got you in real trouble. in fact one teacher did hit a boy with one once and he got in real trouble. suspended and threatened with court and loss of job. once i reached 2/3 yaer i didnt take belt of any of them. if they tried it on then i'd defend myself..i once flung the pt teacher in swimming pool for trying to push me around he complained bitterly to rector, who asked me nicely not to be so rough... all he wanted was trophies for his display, which i gave him, so i got to do what i liked within reason.
    i rarely actually went to classes i was a very naughty boy
    Bloody hell Grant!

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread