+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768761161665661066 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Geoff.

Too many jobs!

I have a turntable to rebuild, a kitchen I'm decorating, speakers to build, a garden to tidy up, a workshop to sort (again), an amp to fix, a fence to build and two further rooms to decorate and other projects in the wings.

I'm working on the kitchen and turntable project, but I've still got a heck of a lot to do. Is it all worth it I ask myself? Think I'll flog everything and live in a tent!!

I'm Martin.

Flog it all, and live in an hotel room with a laptop and some headphones.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Flog it all, and live in an hotel room with a laptop and some headphones.
    Hate hotels. Don't like laptops and don't use headphones. Looks like I'm buggered!

I forgot a job or two.

Got to cut down next door's ivy and whatever else masses of stuff he has growing up and over my fence and up my house wall. He's a nice guy, but knocking on a bit and none too mobile, so I don't mind doing it.

Then all the house windows need a clean inside and outside, with a frame reseal and repaint of all ledges (and probably sills).

Oh. And the loft needs a clearout.

It's never ending!

I'm Grant.

i just listen to tunes and watch films... its easier
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i just listen to tunes and watch films... its easier
    I could do that and get all the jobs done by others, but I'm a bit of a control freak about stuff around me. I insist on doing it all myself, as I want things done right and no other sod seems capable of working to a decent standard.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I could do that and get all the jobs done by others, but I'm a bit of a control freak about stuff around me. I insist on doing it all myself, as I want things done right and no other sod seems capable of working to a decent standard.
    used to be like that, but now just let folk get on with it. only way they wil learn is me shouting at em
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If you want workmen who'll perform jobs to an acceptable standard, you have to know where to look. If you're after, say, a landscape gardener, the small ads in the back pages of Hustler magazine is not the place to look. They only do "lady gardens" anyway.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If you want workmen who'll perform jobs to an acceptable standard, you have to know where to look.
    I generally don't need them. I can turn my hand to most things and do them well. Exceptions being roofing (I don't enjoy being up a ladder) and car repairs, which I only undertake if I really have to these days.

I'm Steve.

There are plenty of people who are able to do the work themselves, but pay someone else to do it anyway. We call these customers 'pain in the arse'

I'm Geoff.

Out of necessity to an extent, I'm too tight to want to pay for work. Especially if I can do it myself.

+ Reply to Thread