+ Reply to Thread
Page 609 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1095095595996076086096106116196597091109 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,090 of 11773

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hey, you never said what 'Begs the question' earlier?

Marco.
    That's because you had answered the question - eeh, you can be high maintenance sometimes... and the answer was pretty much what I expected

+1 for the furry moccasins, I wouldn't be without mine
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    Somebody is trying to cheer us up. As I write the bagpipes are playing "Amazing Grace" down our street,

Lovely song and tune. My Dad's favourite.
    If you can find it, Blind Boys of Alabama's version is worth a listen. Done to the music of "House of The Rising Sun", but it works very well, I think you'd like it

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Funny thing is, if I wear flip-flops I don't seem to get cold feet. With shoes & socks I do
    Probably to with improving circulation. But I still couldn't be doing with them, that thing between your toes just feels wrong

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I find online shopping a rather soulless experience - I like to get out and about and feel like I'm living in the real world, not cooped up in the house behind a computer.

Different strokes.....

Marco.
    I spend six days a week out in the real world, that's enough for me But I find going out shopping for clothes to be a rather soulless experience, thankfully it only happens occasionally, when I'm with Mrs. P. She is quite sympathetic to my plight, and can see when I'm losing the will to live - which is usually during the walk from the car park to the shops.

The only shops I'm interested in browsing are tools, hifi or record shops. For anything else I have a 3-step process: 1. Decide what I want to buy 2. Go to shop and buy it 3. Go home or to the pub.

I'm sure I'm not the only bloke who does this.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    But I still couldn't be doing with them, that thing between your toes just feels wrong
    I quite agree - also the 'slapping' sound they make when walking would quickly get on my nerves.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    the 'slapping' sound they make when walking would quickly get on my nerves.
    If they go 'flop flip' you know you've got them on the wrong feet

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    If they go 'flop flip' you know you've got them on the wrong feet
    And if you hear a loud 'thud' you know they aren't suitable for walking backwards in, and your head has just decked it

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I spend six days a week out in the real world, that's enough for me But I find going out shopping for clothes to be a rather soulless experience, thankfully it only happens occasionally, when I'm with Mrs. P. She is quite sympathetic to my plight, and can see when I'm losing the will to live - which is usually during the walk from the car park to the shops.

The only shops I'm interested in browsing are tools, hifi or record shops. For anything else I have a 3-step process: 1. Decide what I want to buy 2. Go to shop and buy it 3. Go home or to the pub.

I'm sure I'm not the only bloke who does this.
    I don't know of any shops where you can browse for hifi. When I was younger I loathed shopping for clothes or shoes, now I quite enjoy browsing.

Shopping on-line is no doubt convenient, but as has been remarked elsewhere, you have to know exactly what you want and by whom the particular item is made: there is an awful lot or meretricious poorly made crap available, whose quality is difficult to assess simply by looking at a photo.

Also you loose the 'serendipity' aspect when shopping on line. The likes of Amazon may apply some fuzzy logic algorithms to come up with "Customers who bought (a particular item), also bought this/these". But that only suggests something similar. I like to go into a bookshop (an increasingly endangered establishment) to browse and come out buying something that caught my attention and came across by accident. That is the joy of browsing.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

And if you hear a loud 'thud' you know they aren't suitable for walking backwards in, and your head has just decked it
    Yes, I heard Whacko Jacko almost gave up moonwalking after falling out of his Havaianas

I'm Steve.

You're right about the hifi shops. It's been a number of years now. Though I do occasionally pop into Richer Sounds if I'm passing...

I actually buy very little online, mostly just replacement blades/bits for my power tools. Usually I look online for which places sell what I'm seeking, then go to the nearest physical shop that stocks it.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread