+ Reply to Thread
Page 524 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 244244745145225235245255265345746241024 ... LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

Actually thinking about it he doesn't get away with his cat in that one. The cat is forgotten about when it all kicks off. Either it dies in the volcanic explosion that concludes the battle or it escapes by other means. Possibly there's a cat-flap installed somewhere.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Actually thinking about it he doesn't get away with his cat in that one. The cat is forgotten about when it all kicks off. Either it dies in the volcanic explosion that concludes the battle or it escapes by other means. Possibly there's a cat-flap installed somewhere.
    Probably operated via a microchip. Our now deceased black cat could never work out how to use a cat flap. She'd sit there staring at it, then run round to the kitchen window and tap on it to attract our attention. The other cat used it all the time, with no bother.

I'm Grant.

was never really into bond that much once i became 16 give me the simpsons any time
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    was never really into bond that much once i became 16 give me the simpsons any time
    I like the Simpsons too. At least up until about 1998. It lost the plot after that.

And Bond stopped being quality after 'For Your Eyes Only'. 'Moonraker' is the last really good one. Up till then it was ridiculous but it was knowingly ridiculous. Like the old Batman TV series. Everything seems to take itself so seriously these days. Whatever happened to escapist nonsense? Proper entertainment? If I want a lesson in morality ( I don't) I'll go to church, and if I want to be educated I'll read a book. Films and telly are supposed to be fun.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Probably operated via a microchip. Our now deceased black cat could never work out how to use a cat flap. She'd sit there staring at it, then run round to the kitchen window and tap on it to attract our attention. The other cat used it all the time, with no bother.
    Some years ago now there was a cat living in one of the houses opposite me that would climb up on the wheelie-bin and ring the doorbell to be let in.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

Some years ago now there was a cat living in one of the houses opposite me that would climb up on the wheelie-bin and ring the doorbell to be let in.
    The other day we saw a cat in the round round the corner from us, staring intently at the front door of the house where he/she/it lives, as if trying to attract its owner's attention through the sheer force of cat-thought.

I'm Martin.

Don't underestimate the power of cat thought. Our tom cat would knock on the window once. Thump! And then he would turn and stare at the door. You could shout to him, bang on the window, tell him to go around to the other side of the house where there was a perfectly good cat door, but he would not look round or react in any way. He'd just sit there staring at the door. Eventually one of us would walk all the way round and let him in.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

It would have been through the cat flap at the first sign of trouble. They really have no loyalty.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

I like to think it got away.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I like the Simpsons but prefer Family Guy and especially Brian the doggy... as per avatar
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread