+ Reply to Thread
Page 393 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403443493893 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 11725

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Ha ha! at least we're on the same page now - 10-4 good buddy!
    So funny, as I must've looked at that picture a 100 times, and NEVER noticed the 'aerial'.....!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    And just to offend your eyes further, the Brabster in all its DRUGGIE splendour:

Marco.
    Lovely car! Fit some decent wheels and un-tint the rear ‘van’ windows and it’d be perfect...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    On the topic of sinister looking black cars my sister recently sold her Boxter and has gone back to her beloved Audi TT's. This is her fourth one, I think she likes them.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    My sister drives a Boxter. In fact, she’s on her second one, this one being Canary Yellow, with a manual gear box. She still likes to sport around, Mom says it makes her neck hurt to ride with her.

Russell

I'm Russell.

Yeah, but without that ugly canvas 'canopy'....

Cool thing.... Would be great for haring around the local fields!

Marco.
    There are still plenty of these for sale in the US, for the right money of course. Many were sold still in the crate after the war, it took many years before these crated Jeeps were auctioned off in lots, many who bought lots sat on them for years, knowing their prices would go up after a time. So back in the late 50’s and early 60’s there were still Jeeps in the crate being sold.

The same thing happened with WMA 45 Harley’s, (45 cubic inches), my uncle bought one in the crate for $50, way back when, long before I was born. My cousin has some killer pics of he and my aunt looking like hooligans on it.

Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Lovely car! Fit some decent wheels and un-tint the rear ‘van’ windows and it’d be perfect...
    Haha... It's already had 'decent wheels' fitted since then (see below). The original ones were Brabus, and fine for the car, but as I started to further optimise the car's performance, I heard about Rotary Forged wheels, from a company in the States called Mandrus, who make bespoke wheels for Mercedes cars. A process that dramatically reduces weight, thus rotational mass - and the difference was palpable!

See details here: https://www.mandruswheels.com/merced...ls-press-4.php The key bit:

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrus
    The Rotary Forging process is used to make the Rotec wheel both dramatically lighter and stronger than original equipment and most aftermarket Mercedes Rims. The rim of the wheels is forged at high pressure while the wheel is spun at high speed. The combination of forces actually alters the molecular structure and enhances the strength of the alloy. The result is a much lighter wheel than a traditionally cast wheel. Importantly, the weight saving accrues to the outermost perimeter rim of the wheel which dramatically reduces rotational mass and enhances vehicle performance.
    Oh yes indeedy

Wheel selection here (I chose the Rotec in matt black): https://www.mandruswheels.com/merced...heels_rims.php And here they are on my car:

Big difference afterwards, in terms of how quickly the car planted power, delivered to the back wheels (remembering that it's rear wheel driven). onto the road, and in terms of overall acceleration and road handling, especially later when they were fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tyres!

Plus, I think the Mandrus wheels look really cool!

Also since then, I've had EBC GD Sports (drilled and grooved) rotors fitted: https://ebcbrakes.com/product/3gd-sport-rotors/ with Yellowstuff pads. The cumulative effect and improvements gained from upgrading the wheels/tyres/discs and brake pads, in terms of how the car drives and handles/stops, was very significant, as from standard it was fitted with lowered sports suspension, so everything now works seamlessly in unison.

It's really a joy to drive!

Anyway, it must just be the matt-black paintwork that makes that M3, in your opinion, look like a rappers/drug dealer's car, because the Brabster's got the same windows and a very similar look overall, *yet* you think it's a "lovely car", so how exactly does that thinking work?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

", so how exactly does that thinking work?

Marco.
    Trust me, if I ever figure out how my brain works, you’ll be the second to know!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Lol... Ya gots ta admit, yer logic is a little 'skewed'!

Marco.
    Main System

Thumbs up Stylish 'brutality.'...

Check these bad boys out - not to mention the CAR:

Cool as fuck! There are a lot of these rappers/gangsters cars around, eh Adam?
    Stealth is where it's at.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Na, you want one of these mate

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol... I still like it

I reckon the car could lend itself rather well to dogging... Are there any good car parks near you?

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread