+ Reply to Thread
Page 376 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476876 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Diabetes caused I think by continuing to eat as a bodybuilder, but not training, ie. eating too much out of habit.
    You might be surprised that most forms of diabetes are actually hereditary, and not solely diet-related... Has anyone in your family suffered from it [even going back a generation or two], Dennis?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Only just read your post Russell...

I'm so sorry you've had to endure such an ordeal

I hope you make a speedy and complete recovery..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Only just read your post Russell...

I'm so sorry you've had to endure such an ordeal

I hope you make a speedy and complete recovery..
    A few days recuperating in a hospital hammock with Nurse Bev on call (with her thumb ring)...that'll see you right Even if it makes things worse it may still be worth it. I've heard she looks a bit like Joanne Whalley in "The Singing Detective"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

You got me there Steve... ..Nurse Bev... now that sounds quite nice... I'm a very caring person so maybe that'd quite suit me... my minds working overtime with that thought

I did get the hammock put together today in-between the rain and it's a lovely thing... actually not difficult getting in & out of as I thought it might be... Colin gave me some gentle rocking like being at sea and it's great... one of my better purchases I reckon..

Don't think I especially look like Joanne but do have dark hair like her... mind you I've got about 3 colours in my hair at the moment.. all quite subtle though

You seem to have a 'thing' about thumb rings.. I've worn one for years and I like it as does....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post

You got me there Steve... ..Nurse Bev... now that sounds quite nice... I'm a very caring person so maybe that'd quite suit me... my minds working overtime with that thought

I did get the hammock put together today in-between the rain and it's a lovely thing... actually not difficult getting in & out of as I thought it might be... Colin gave me some gentle rocking like being at sea and it's great... one of my better purchases I reckon..

Don't think I especially look like Joanne but do have dark hair like her... mind you I've got about 3 colours in my hair at the moment.. all quite subtle though

You seem to have a 'thing' about thumb rings.. I've worn one for years and I like it as does....
    Did I give that impression? I will eventually get over it, as my 'things' do change over the years.

I'll tell you something I've never said out loud before - when I was younger I had a 'thing' for women in flip-flop type sandals, that slapping noise they made I think. But then years of seeing women going round Morrisons doing their big shop in flip-flops, but also wearing leggings that made their legs look like two piles of burnt crumpets ruined it for me
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    a 'thing' for women in flip-flop type sandals, that slapping noise they made I think.
    Oh god no, that's a horrible sound. And I hate feet anyway. Well, apart from my own, rather useful and I'm quite attached to them.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Oh god no, that's a horrible sound.
    Agreed! I can't imagine it would do anything for foot fetishists.
    Barry

Don’t need to get over it Steve... I know why you like them, probably much the same reason as I do..I think

I happen to really dislike the flip-flop sound... I am wearing sandals that look a bit like flip-flops, with the toe bit, but mine have a bit on the heel as well so they don’t make that horrible sound...

Leggings of any kind are just nasty things... I maybe wore them when I was much younger but wouldn’t be seen dead in them now. Shortish skirts are my thing, especially if we ever get some sort of summer... I’m still wearing them though just in case... you have to be prepared
    Bev

I’m not so keen on feet but have a bit of a thing for hands and fingers....
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

My wife wears flip-flops. She makes an almighty racket when exercising with her skipping rope in the garden.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread