+ Reply to Thread
Page 333 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383433833 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Oh, you're here! Now I'm going to have to be strong willed enough to leave my laptop and jump in my bath which I ran an hour ago and is probably cold now.

That hula bloke just looks wrong - sort of like American Dad on holiday - what would Francine think?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Hope it's not too chilly....

I know the guy doesn't look quite right but there isn't the choice like there is with girly hula's...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

marriage is a constant battle for moral superiority, by most these days.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Here we go, another "have they really got nothing better to do" instance. The moaners moaning about 'digital assistant gender bias'. Does any normal person really give a toss? I really can't see my whole world collapsing over this!

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...es-unesco-says

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...ender-bias-un/
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Here we go, another "have they really got nothing better to do" instance. The moaners moaning about 'digital assistant gender bias'. Does any normal person really give a toss? I really can't see my whole world collapsing over this!

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...es-unesco-says

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...ender-bias-un/
    tis bollocks.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I wonder how much money the UN squandered on this?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I wonder how much money the UN squandered on this?
    i bet the committee all got new phones, tablets pcs etc and of course they needed to do a survey of the beaches of Barbados to get there
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    marriage is a constant battle for moral superiority, by most these days.
    Mmm, interesting... What makes you think that and why?

It's certainly not something I've experienced.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I'm not sure my input on this would be helpful, as I've never been a salesman as such. Pretty much all my jobs have come through recommendations from their friends/family, and so the work was already mine, affordability permitting, and I didn't spoil it by farting*

When I visit them they generally have already decided what they want. I don't know who had the final say in these decisions, and when I'm discussing the work with them I always include both in the discussion, maintaining eye contact between them both, so they both feel that their input is equally valid, which of course it is. I don't know whether this is the way it is done in sales, it's just the way I deal with folk, and (touch wood) I always seem to 'hit it off' with customers

Having said that it's usually the man who does most of the talking, but I think that's probably more to do with men usually having a better understanding of the nuts & bolts of what's involved. I imagine if I was selling 'home' products like carpets, furnishing, kitchens etc., the dynamic would be different.

But my view is that regardless of which spouse appears to be in charge, as long as it's an arrangement they are both happy with, then it's fine.

*We once had a bloke come round selling us life insurance, and as we sat on the sofa while he stood in front of us delivering his pitch he did a fart which was so loud even the cat looked up, and he never broke his stride, just inserted an "Excuse me" into his pitch and carried on. Then he said "Ooh nice speakers, Acoustic Research are they?" He almost made the sale, but unfortunately he had the same whiney voice as the bloke that bullied me when I was an apprentice, so sending him away felt like justice. Poor man.
    Lol - the fart thing was hilarious! I'd have chucked the smelly bastard out, though... Or was his gas release 'all air and no action'? You know those farts that sound bad, but smell of nothing? It's the hot silent (but violent) ones that are the killers!

Noted on the rest. I didn't know exactly what your role was, or what your job entailed, and thought you were a salesman, not just a fitter. Cool beans

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Mmm, interesting... What makes you think that and why?

It's certainly not something I've experienced.

Marco.
    You see it all the time. women especially love to hold something over her man, and every now and then bring it up so she gets her way
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread