+ Reply to Thread
Page 332 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432832 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    ....brought children into the world for the right reasons in the first place....

Marco.
    Counts me out, then, sadly.

I was born 9 months after my mum was sterilised, so am a terrible accident/wondrous miracle - delete as applicable!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - you were born quite simply to keep B&O on the map!

Anyway, I trust we're largely on the same page, in terms of what I've just written?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Also, the best salespeople NEVER rely on 'sales pitches' to close deals, as anyone with sufficient intelligence can see right through them!!

Instead, you rely on your charm, people skills, overall knowledge of the product, and professionalism, to inspire confidence in the customer and make them feel comfortable with you, and LIKE you, [a good rapport must be established between the customer and you] because more often than not in face-to-face selling, only if someone LIKES you, will they buy from you - and that has been my recipe for success, for many years, as a salesman and businessman.

Transparent 'sales pitches' are for the fly-by-nights and those who *think* that they're good salespeople, but aren't, as there is unlikely any substance or longevity to a relationship between a customer and salesperson, if it's been built upon a superficial 'sales pitch' - and the only way to stay in business and create a stable longterm income, is to have loyal customers...

However, they soon learn the hard way, and that in the long term, scams or sales pitches don't work, much like using 'chat up lines' on girls!

Marco.
    As Sam Goldwyn said: 'The most important thing is sincerity. If you can fake that, you got it made'.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol...Not really, because fakes are eventually shown up for what they are! Best plan in life, whether selling to people or otherwise, is to just be yourself

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Lol - you were born quite simply to keep B&O on the map!

Anyway, I trust we're largely on the same page, in terms of what I've just written?

Marco.
    Absolutely. To both statement and question!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Steve.

That's all cool, Steve... However, in your experience, throughout your time in sales, selling UPVC doors, windows or whatever, among those you've dealt with to date as customers, who would you say generally are the decision makers, when you close a deal, the men or the women of the house, or is it fairly even?

Marco.
    I'm not sure my input on this would be helpful, as I've never been a salesman as such. Pretty much all my jobs have come through recommendations from their friends/family, and so the work was already mine, affordability permitting, and I didn't spoil it by farting*

When I visit them they generally have already decided what they want. I don't know who had the final say in these decisions, and when I'm discussing the work with them I always include both in the discussion, maintaining eye contact between them both, so they both feel that their input is equally valid, which of course it is. I don't know whether this is the way it is done in sales, it's just the way I deal with folk, and (touch wood) I always seem to 'hit it off' with customers

Having said that it's usually the man who does most of the talking, but I think that's probably more to do with men usually having a better understanding of the nuts & bolts of what's involved. I imagine if I was selling 'home' products like carpets, furnishing, kitchens etc., the dynamic would be different.

But my view is that regardless of which spouse appears to be in charge, as long as it's an arrangement they are both happy with, then it's fine.

*We once had a bloke come round selling us life insurance, and as we sat on the sofa while he stood in front of us delivering his pitch he did a fart which was so loud even the cat looked up, and he never broke his stride, just inserted an "Excuse me" into his pitch and carried on. Then he said "Ooh nice speakers, Acoustic Research are they?" He almost made the sale, but unfortunately he had the same whiney voice as the bloke that bullied me when I was an apprentice, so sending him away felt like justice. Poor man.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    As Sam Goldwyn said: 'The most important thing is sincerity. If you can fake that, you got it made'.
    Ha, that made me laugh

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    The reality is that we are two possibly slightly broken individuals who combine to make one reasonably well functioning machine. We are a team, and through love and mutual respect we get by pretty well.

I have no right to impose my will on Anita, and I know she feels the same about me
    Just seen your post Steve and I reckon that's spot on.. If I wanted to rule in a relationship I probably could as I'm generally the stronger willed one but I learnt long ago not to do that...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Just seen your post Steve and I reckon that's spot on.. If I wanted to rule in a relationship I probably could as I'm generally the stronger willed one but I learnt long ago not to do that...
    It's clear that you are indeed strong willed - why else would you resist my offer of a solar powered dancing hula girl even when we all know she would compliment your Mark Levinson gear perfectly?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It's clear that you are indeed strong willed - why else would you resist my offer of a solar powered dancing hula girl even when we all know she would compliment your Mark Levinson gear perfectly?

What about a Hula Guy ? like this one:

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread