+ Reply to Thread
Page 326 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426826 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 11743

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Of course there is an element of truth to this, but the difference is that now it is completely true

There are so many things 'wrong with the world' which we are no longer allowed to comment on without being branded racist, sexist, ageist or pissed, please don't take this away from us
    As the mighty HMHB put it:

'Friday night and I just love complaining
    And no, I haven't got anything better to do'

'Friday Night (and the Gates are Low)'.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    And yet their parents were probably brought up the way you describe your generation was (Google tells me millennials are those born between 1981-1996; ie the years you and Marco would be likely to have fathered children), so how come they turned out so badly? Could it just be the usual story of old-ish blokes complaining about 'kids today', like they always have?

Because their parents didn't bring them up the same way they were brought up. They listened to all the fads and the idiocy. I know people with children of similar ages at the moment, some get brought up old school, some modern and trendy. There's a big difference - the modern children are needy and badly behaved. The old school ones are more independent and are well behaved, it's like they are 3 or 4 years older.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Exactly my experience, too!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Because their parents didn't bring them up the same way they were brought up. They listened to all the fads and the idiocy. I know people with children of similar ages at the moment, some get brought up old school, some modern and trendy. There's a big difference - the modern children are needy and badly behaved. The old school ones are more independent and are well behaved, it's like they are 3 or 4 years older.
    I think my upbringing was pretty 'old school', that is to say that apart from the major stuff I was left to bring myself up, and this suited me fine.

Getting myself up in the morning, dressing myself and making my own breakfast, and getting myself off to school. And no lifts! Taught me to be independent, and I've grown up to be pretty normal I think. Apart from the squint and the short term memory loss. Also I used to make my own breakfast and get myself off to school. Did I mention that already?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

My upbringing was certainly 'old school' and pretty strict

I've turned out ok I reckon... I wouldn't say 'normal' though
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Neil.

Default Tell Me Something............Anything!

The rubbing of an onion held with tongs on the hot BBQ grill to clean it is rubbish - I was disappointed. Non-treated Brillo style BBQ pad with some oil on it anyday.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    The rubbing of an onion held with tongs on the hot BBQ grill to clean it is rubbish - I was disappointed. Non-treated Brillo style BBQ pad with some oil on it anyday.
    Never heard of the onion trick for BBQ cleaning...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Waste of an onion...........but that's Ok, I hate onion!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    ... Now cucumbers, don't be asking Bev why that aroma may accompany her, but it's probably not because she's just been to the greengrocers

Only just seen this.... indeed....
    Bev

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Naughty is nice

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread