+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 373 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3727

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    My nieceís wedding, last Spring, was $14,000, they cut a lot of corners. Or so they say! It was nice, but certainly no nicer then my wedding back in 1981. I got married for $600, the wife had a beautiful white dress, we had our service in a small Baptist Church near where I live, her uncle was the preacher. I wore a rented white tux with top hat and cane, and my Mom said I looked like Alice Cooper! And i did!

My ex wife was an only child, I think thatís a lot of what goes on these days, so many single children, they never have to compromise with their siblings, strictly their parents fault for spoiling them. My daughter is an only child, but her and her husband are a model couple, making wise decisions all the way so far.

Heck it cost me more to get divorced than it did to get married! After 36 years I finally finalized it last month! But havenít seen or spoken a word to her in 18 years. I figured she wasnít coming back? Maybe I rushed it a bit? .

Russell
    Yes I think you were perhaps a bit hasty - cheaper to stay married than get divorced, give it another 36 years and see how you feel
    Excuse me, are you the Judean People's Front?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

Default Tell Me Something............Anything!

We had a fairly small wedding in Ireland with just close friends and family - around 25 people and it cost us around £3k if I remember correctly (in 2001).

My dadís wedding present to us was a big party in a hotel near us when we were back in England for a wider circle of friends and acquaintances. I reckon that cost him more than the actual wedding!

Our honeymoon was a long weekend at a posh hotel in Derbyshire because, after the cost of the wedding and the fact that weíd just bought a house, that was all we could afford. Still havenít done our Ďproperí honeymoon yet but are thinking that could be an occasion for our 20th wedding anniversary.
    Adam.

I'm brian.

30 blissful years.... then I met the missus !

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm brian.

A few nodding heads to that one Grant, me thinks . An old joke but still knocks it out the park in my book

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    I assume she never looks at this forum - If our other halves knew how much stick they get in these pages, we'd be in so much trouble! Ooh gotta go, she's just come into the room...
    Excuse me, are you the Judean People's Front?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Martin.

My father offered me only two pieces of advice about women.

1) Marry a wealthy woman - you can always learn to love them and however it works out you've always got the money. (My mother's family were so poor they got handouts from church mice so presumably this was an insight he had only gained after it was too late).

2) All women secretly want to be Audrey Hepburn (which may be a bit out of date now and I never really figured out how that information might be useful in any case).
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * Nelson Pass DCB1 Pre amp / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I assume she never looks at this forum - If our other halves knew how much stick they get in these pages, we'd be in so much trouble! Ooh gotta go, she's just come into the room...
    Speak for yourself

Marco,
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post

Heck it cost me more to get divorced than it did to get married! After 36 years I finally finalized it last month! But havenít seen or spoken a word to her in 18 years. I figured she wasnít coming back? Maybe I rushed it a bit? .

Russell
    I hope you know that even when divorced , if your ex spouse has unpaid debts then those creditors can pursue you for that debt, yep even after 18 years separated. You need to get a separate final financial legal settlement on top of the divorce to be safe from this......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Discopants View Post
    I hope you know that even when divorced , if your ex spouse has unpaid debts then those creditors can pursue you for that debt, yep even after 18 years separated. You need to get a separate final financial legal settlement on top of the divorce to be safe from this......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    There were some statements on the divorce that were saying she still may be entitled to beneficiary status unless I make a will to the contrary. So, Iíve got to make a will too I guess.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread