+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 440 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 4400

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

Managed to cut myself shaving. Not done that in decades. Here's a tip, don't buy Sainsbury's own brand disposable razors. Like shaving with a broken beer bottle.
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Grant.

tip, dont use disposable razors
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Especially cheapo ones, only fit for shaving minges!

Marco.

I'm Martin.

They used to do a cheaper one than their own brand and they were excellent. So of course they discontinued them.

If you think I'm paying out a fortune for some fancy Gillette thing then you must be crazy. Never understood the fascination some blokes have with shaving and shaving 'products.' I'd grow a beard but it would be all grey and make me look about 90 years old. Plus they never suited me anyway. Skinny little blokes with beards just look wrong.
    Current Lash Up:

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Managed to cut myself shaving. Not done that in decades. Here's a tip, don't buy Sainsbury's own brand disposable razors. Like shaving with a broken beer bottle.
    I did the same the other day, above my lip beneath the left nostril. Bloody sore it was!
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

They used to do a cheaper one than their own brand and they were excellent. So of course they discontinued them.

If you think I'm paying out a fortune for some fancy Gillette thing then you must be crazy. Never understood the fascination some blokes have with shaving and shaving 'products.' I'd grow a beard but it would be all grey and make me look about 90 years old. Plus they never suited me anyway. Skinny little blokes with beards just look wrong.
    Lol.... I use a good electric one now, which is a lot less hassle! Used to be into buying nice razors for wet shaving, expensive foam/soaps and all the malarkey that went with it, but can't be arsed now with the faff. Got a few grey hairs, but fortunately most of it is still brown!

Never been into beards, though. They always make you look like an old man, which I know now is the 'trendy look' among hipsters

Marco.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I did the same the other day, above my lip beneath the left nostril. Bloody sore it was!
    Weird that's exactly where I cut myself too.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol.... I use a good electric one now, which is a lot less hassle! Used to be into buying nice razors for wet shaving, expensive foam/soaps and all the malarkey that went with it, but can't be arsed now with the faff. Got a few grey hairs, but fortunately most of it is still brown!

Never been into beards, though. They always make you look like an old man, which I know now is the 'trendy look' among hipsters

Marco.
    I use an electric in the week but usually wet shave at the weekend.

A beard makes some sense if you are young but attempting to look older and wiser. If you're already old and wise like me then what's the point?

When they had those 'grow a beard' months a few years back some of the youths I know grew the most terrible looking beards ever - like something from an Edwardian costume drama. It wasn't a good look even in 1904 and it really isn't now.
    Current Lash Up:

A beard makes some sense if you are young but attempting to look older and wiser.
    I get it, but I doubt I'd have adopted that look, even had it been in fashion when I was a teenager, as I've always wanted to look young, even when I was young [plus my old man would've kicked my arse for going out looking like Catweazle], and now I'm older, I still like to look as young as possible (and dress that way, too), which is why I don't 'do' beards.

It's also why I keep my hair (what's left) super-short [much easier looked after that way, too], rather than allow any grey hair that's there to grow and become really obvious, or worse go for the 'Friar Tuck' look!!

If you want to look as young as possible, when you're in your 50s and over, then stay clean-shaven and keep your hair (if applicable) as short as possible. Quite simply, there's nothing more ageing, aside from a bushy grey beard, as long (dirty and unkept) straggly grey hair, especially with a big bald patch in the middle!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

i use a good quality razor and the best blades. i also use a braun electric one every second day.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread