+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364764 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

meat should look like this and best in a big nan. no veg etc tho. thats just wrong
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    meat should look like this and best in a big nan. no veg etc tho. thats just wrong
    Yes, at least it's thinly sliced. Prefer naan to pitta but local chippy does it in a wrap which at least makes it easier to eat. I really fancy a donner now.

I'm Martin.

Remember the Viz 'Doner cards' that you could get?

'I would like someone to help themselves to my kebab after my death.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    But you need salad to make it healthy Whenever I had a doner I always felt ropey afterwards. I like 'em but they don't like me.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    But you need salad to make it healthy
    If they put the salad in the kebab it goes all limp & greasy. Much better if they put it in a separate container then you can put it in the fridge (like the ones you get with your indian takeaway) and throw it away a few days later.

I'm sorted.

Default Tell Me Something............Anything!

I buy the odd watch usually automatic/mechanical but if a nice looking quartz/battery piece crops up I'll consider it. Found a decent swatch on ebay the other evening & duly made an offer which was accepted (it was listed as new with tags). It turned up today & the battery was dead! goes without saying it's being sent back (no returns - f**k off). This has led me to examining ebay listings for battery watches more closely (what a full life I lead..) & a lot of the listings say 'just needs new battery'!, well why not get one put in before you sell the watch? How would you know it's only a dead battery stopping the watch working? It's like selling a second hand car with no petrol in. Also in some listings where they conveniently don't mention if the watch is running or not you can tell it isn't as the hands are in the same position on each picture! Be careful out there people.

It’s not like they sell them cheap either

Last edited by Roy S; 09-02-2019 at 01:52.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    If they put the salad in the kebab it goes all limp & greasy. Much better if they put it in a separate container then you can put it in the fridge (like the ones you get with your indian takeaway) and throw it away a few days later.
    Exactly! I never said anything about actually eating the salad...

Anyway, you hear so many stories about the standards in these takeaways, I would have concerns about the way the salad had been handled in my absence. This is why us salad dodgers stay so healthy right up until the time we're not
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

I've never understood the purpose of salad. A kebab on the other hand certainly has its place in the Universe.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

I did partake of a takeaway last night but tried something different, a sheek kebab wrap, highly recommended (if you can find someone who does it).

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    Getting close to finishing my Nelson Pass First Watt DIY M2X and B1 Pre - power amps.
    That sounds like quite a project!

Russell

+ Reply to Thread