+ Reply to Thread
Page 257 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Where did that happen - here? If so please link to it.

Marco.
    It was on pfm, many years ago. I doubt it's still in the archives, as TonyL prunes the audio section regularly. Mick Parry and some other bloke were on the brink of an arranged fight in Birmingham arising from a heated discussion about cables, tlll they were laughed out of the idea by most pfm'ers.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    It was on pfm, many years ago. I doubt it's still in the archives, as TonyL prunes the audio section regularly. Mick Parry and some other bloke were on the brink of an arranged fight in Birmingham arising from a heated discussion about cables, tlll they were laughed out of the idea by most pfm'ers.
    Ah, but the thing with t'internet, with its potential for catfish - these "blokes" may actually be women. I may be too, for all you know
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adam.

Ha! You may have missed some of the earlier inter-forum warfare, when supposedly 'harmless eccentrics' exchanged death threats over the all-important issue of whether cable A was better than cable B. (Though to be fair, I don't think any actual violence ensued, and if it had, it'd probably only have amounted to handbags at dawn).
    Yes, forums and real life are usually very different, as Sniff Petrol succinctly explained it...

https://sniffpetrol.com/2014/06/19/f...than-expected/

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Yes, forums and real life are usually very different, as Sniff Petrol succinctly explained it...

Love it !!! It reminds me of CB meet ups we had years ago (The Agriculture industry uses them a lot , CB radios that is !!) some of the noisy ones on there were like mice in a social situation and it always seemed like people were standing around naked (metaphorically )
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Martin.

The fight would not be about cables though but about people disrespecting each other. You see a fair few comments on forums where that line is crossed. There's been a couple of occasions when I have thought 'If you'd spoken like that to me face to face you'd be on the ground looking up'. But of course they are safe behind their keyboards.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There's been a couple of occasions when I have thought 'If you'd spoken like that to me face to face you'd be on the ground looking up'. But of course they are safe behind their keyboards.
    This is absolutely true. Personally, I would never saying anything on a forum that I wouldn’t be prepared to say to the same person face to face, but it seems that not al people operate this way!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Ah, but the thing with t'internet, with its potential for catfish - these "blokes" may actually be women. I may be too, for all you know
    Well if you are, I'm not dating anything that looks like your avatar!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post

Yes. Likely a lot of truth there.

I don't think I fit the category. What you don't see is what you get here!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The fight would not be about cables though but about people disrespecting each other. You see a fair few comments on forums where that line is crossed. There's been a couple of occasions when I have thought 'If you'd spoken like that to me face to face you'd be on the ground looking up'. But of course they are safe behind their keyboards.
    How it usually goes:

Bloke A: I've just bought this fantastic new [whatever]. It transformed the sound of my system.

Bloke B: I don't believe a [whatever] could make that much difference.

Bloke A: You calling me a liar?

Bloke B: No, just a delusional half-wit.

[continues for several pages until threadlock]

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Well if you are, I'm not dating anything that looks like your avatar!
    I'm hoping Marco will give me a nicer avatar next time, as my social life is now in the toilet. Ooh. that didn't come out right - I mean it's taken a nose dive
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread