+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350750 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 11773

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    What? You must, you'd love it!
    I will do Geoff... I now have Netflix & Amazon Prime vid so hopefully one of those will have it...

I seem to have gone all Australian recently as I now wear a Driza-Bone coat as well.. like this:

I don't know if I prefer it to my Barbour Beadnell but it's kinda different and very heavy, and I've added the Driza-Bone Merino liner which is soo warm, like this:

Topping it with the Kanga hat

The other day someone shouted out "horny cowgirl" which made me smile
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I normally spend quite a few hours sitting at my desk on the puter and as I suffer from back problems I have treated myself to a Herman Miller Aeron chair. I've gone for the re-mastered version like this:

It is being delivered tomorrow and I can't wait

I've tried an Aeron chair a few times and it's a lovely chair to sit in and the new version has a good adjustable back support called PostureFit SL so I'm hoping that will help my back
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Steve I've never seen Crocodile Dundee but it would certainly go nicely with my Australian cowboy hat, actually that one I pictured didn't fit so well so I now have one of these:

It's made from kangaroo, poor thing
    "Tch tch tch tch…" What's that Skippy? They shot you and made you into a hat? Strewth!

Where's the corks?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    "Tch tch tch tch…" What's that Skippy? They shot you and made you into a hat? Strewth!

Where's the corks?
    I know I know... poor little Skippy... however it's a lovely hat..

I was going to add corks for the spring & summer....
    Bev

I'm Steve.

Anyway, welcome back Bev. Have you been on a long "walkabout" in your new gear?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Brand new hospital standing empty

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp

What gets me is this bit At the same time, patients at the old Royal Liverpool Hospital next door – which the new hospital will replace – are facing delays to their care because the existing building is falling apart.

Which makes it sound like the 'old' hospital is some Victorian edifice that was converted from a workhouse in 1920. When in fact it was completed in the late 1970s and was totally state of the art at the time. I know because my grandmother was in there in 1981-82 and I've been there hundreds of times.

So it's only 40 years old and it's 'falling apart.' Here's an idea, when building a hospital try to build it so it lasts at least few hundred years. I mean the ancient Egyptians were so dumb they hadn't even invented the wheel but their shit is still standing 5000 years later. And with hardly any maintenance.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Saw an article about that on the news yesterday.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Furthermore the article also states that the new hospital will eventually cost £220 million. Which seems like a bit of a bargain given that fitting a lift into the Elizabeth Tower (aka 'Big Ben') and replacing a few broken windows is coming in at £42 million. It also states that to maintain the 'old' hospital is costing 1 million a year. So even if they doubled the maintenance budget they could keep the old hospital going for another hundred and ten years before it became more expensive than building a new one.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Plus - the hospital that the 'old' one replaced was built in 1889 and was in use as a hospital for 90 years. The building is still standing in perfect order and is now used by the University.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Furthermore the article also states that the new hospital will eventually cost £220 million. Which seems like a bit of a bargain given that fitting a lift into the Elizabeth Tower (aka 'Big Ben') and replacing a few broken windows is coming in at £42 million. It also states that to maintain the 'old' hospital is costing 1 million a year. So even if they doubled the maintenance budget they could keep the old hospital going for another hundred and ten years before it became more expensive than building a new one.
    I'm sure improvements to the NHS could be made if money was spent on more doctors, proper pay for hospital staff, and for someone to grab the drug companies by the scruff of the neck and tell them to stop taking the piss. But there's no financial incentive there for the bosses. Many more opportunities to make a bit of dosh with building work.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread