+ Reply to Thread
Page 214 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314714 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    See if they can do it like they did with Steve Austin so you can run as fast as a car. Huge fuel saving. Although the op might cost 6 million dollars...
    Have you got a red trackie for him in your collection?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Have you got a red trackie for him in your collection?
    Got a spare red Tacchini he could have, no bottoms for it though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    See if they can do it like they did with Steve Austin so you can run as fast as a car. Huge fuel saving. Although the op might cost 6 million dollars...
    I could afford the fuel cheaper than the groceries! I imagine running everywhere would build up an appetite?

Too bad about the red track suit, I’m more of a denim kind of guy anyway.

It’s on now! The hospital just called and told me to arrive at 9 in the morning. I said, “You mean there’s more than one 9 o’clock?”. I am not a morning person! But, I can catch up on my sleep on the operating table.

The reason I have pursued this operation is this recent crack down on pain medications. I could have gone the rest of my life just fine, but they’ve cut my pain meds back to the point that it forces drastic measures, like this operation. Early next year I’ll have about 8 hernias sewn up, and later in the year my right knee. If I could buy a new spine I’d be a new man! So, In a year’s time I hope to be free of pain medication all together. Or that’s the plan anyway.
    Thanks for all the well wishes! They are greatly appreciated!

Russell

I'm Grant.

What is the idea in stopping folks meds?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    What is the idea in stopping folks meds?
    Here in the US there is suddenly an Opioid Epidemic, and for some reason they seem to think that old people selling their prescriptions illegally is the root cause of this crisis. Forget the fact that the factory makes twice as many pills as they sell, they’re not saying where those other half go, but old folks with chronic pain are somehow at fault for all of the junkies overdosing on prescription pain pills.

So, the CDC, (center for disease control) issued a new recommendation for how opioids should be prescribed. Only recommended levels, and was stated as only for new patients, it actually said not to take meds away from those who have been at high levels for years. But, the DEA has taken this recommendation to heart, and any doctor who does not strictly follow the recommendations will be hassled and get their license to prescribe taken away. Now, I haven’t actually heard of anyone loosing their license who weren’t breaking the law, but the fear has caused every doctor to comply. It’s been a year and a half and everyone has been cut back to bare nothing on meds, but the numbers on the news of overdoses has actually risen! But do you hear them confessing they made a mistake? No, they keep on the same rhetoric, making up huge numbers by including heroin overdoses and suicides, just sensationalizing the whole ordeal.

Personally, I believe they have ulterior motives, I’m not sure what they are, but what they’ve done had nothing to do with the problem, and has had less than zero impact on the problem, so why did they do it?

And chronic pain sufferers have been thrown under the bus. I’ve had chronic pain, and I know, if they had enforced this before I had my ostomy, it would have killed me dead. How many people have they killed? How many have they ruined their quality of life? We don’t hear those numbers.

Sorry for the rant! But you asked..

Russell

I'm Steve.

Hi Russell,

Not a rant, rather another disturbing example of how the people who are paid to look after us lose sight of what's important, and penalise the genuine cases while the actual culprits not only go free, but also able to carry on unhindered. I suspect some right thinking but ill-informed decision makers are being misled by those who would profit by this.

I hope everything goes well for you, but it's a lot of operations to put your pain levels to where they were with the meds! please keep us posted.

Ste
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Russell.

Well my surgery was postponed! They had me striped naked, IV in my arm, and suddenly they don’t like the looks of one of my toenails! Yep! “That looks like it could be infected?”, and that was that! I probably lost my huge co pay, and now I’ve got to spend more money to get this toe looked at, and try again. I’m a little bummed out, to say the least. But it is what it is, time to regroup and try again.

Russell

I'm Alex.

Sorry to hear this, you must be gutted. Hope it's all sorted soon.
    Spendorman

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Hi Russell,

Not a rant, rather another disturbing example of how the people who are paid to look after us lose sight of what's important, and penalise the genuine cases while the actual culprits not only go free, but also able to carry on unhindered. I suspect some right thinking but ill-informed decision makers are being misled by those who would profit by this.

I hope everything goes well for you, but it's a lot of operations to put your pain levels to where they were with the meds! please keep us posted.

Ste
    Whenever there is big money involved, you can bet the best interests of the people are the last things on their minds. I’m guessing that the government wants to get their hands on some of the money that the pharmaceuticals are making? To demonize them like they have the tobacco industry, and make billions in righting this wrong. People are just as free to smoke as they ever were, but the government is making billions in taxes that they weren’t making before, and they pretend to be addressing the problem.

And the thought they are actually trying to kill off as many sick people who draw disability and Medicare money as they can, to help lower what they pay out? Not to mention insurance companies who want to stop paying for pain management for the insured. As I said, the number of those killed by these new rules is none existent, as if they don’t want anyone to know. Would the government kill people to save money? Yes! They already do, when I was declared disabled, which took far too long and too much red tape, there is a two year waiting period to get Medicare. So, they already know you’re sick! You’ve just been declared disabled! So why the two year wait? Because a percentage of these people will die in the first two years, and they won’t have to cover these expensive end of life treatments. If anyone knows of another reason, I’d love to hear it.

Causing the sick to suffer in order to save junkies is hard to justify, but they twist it around, and now its public opinion that pain meds are bad! And those who take them are bad. A sad state of affairs.

Russell

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Well my surgery was postponed! They had me striped naked, IV in my arm, and suddenly they don’t like the looks of one of my toenails! Yep! “That looks like it could be infected?”, and that was that! I probably lost my huge co pay, and now I’ve got to spend more money to get this toe looked at, and try again. I’m a little bummed out, to say the least. But it is what it is, time to regroup and try again.

Russell
    That's bad luck man. As you say what can you do?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread