+ Reply to Thread
Page 195 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295695 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

wonder if it had anything to do with the outage yesterday
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Tonight a local micro brewery I did some work for is having a mini Oktoberfest, so I'm going to show my face there. There's going to be plenty of beer (natch) and Bratwurst (I think that's sausages).

It's a sausagefest! But not the kind Marco likes to frequent.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

For anyone who might be interested, the International Space Station will be visible to people in London (providing the sky is clear) on Thursday at 7.05pm. It will appear at 21 deg above the horizon (about 2 fists high held at arms length) at SW, and disappear at 10 deg above SSE, duration 3 minutes.

So looking South West, it'll be moving left to right, and dropping slightly. It'll just be a light moving quickly, not exactly a fireworks display, so not everyone will find this interesting.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Bloody London gets everything.

Lights are so bright outside my house I couldn't see a damn thing even if it did deign to fly over here. It's like the Las Vegas Strip out there. In the old days there were only two crappy 'sodium' lights in the entire street and one would always be broken. It was great. You could see the Milky Way when there was no moon. Now the place is floodlit. You could perform brain surgery on the pavement I'm not kidding.

Sorry forgot this isn't the grump old man thread.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

Lights are so bright outside my house I couldn't see a damn thing even if it did deign to fly over here. It's like the Las Vegas Strip out there. In the old days there were only two crappy 'sodium' lights in the entire street and one would always be broken. It was great. You could see the Milky Way when there was no moon. Now the place is floodlit. You could perform brain surgery on the pavement I'm not kidding.

Fitted new lights here too. theres one outside my bedroom that is fairly bright, but got used to it now.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Only one dim LED street light here and that packs up about once a year, so the whole area is plunged into total darkness. Then you get dodgy hoodie characters mooching about in the shadows and of course the prostitutes take advantage. I usually hang a PIR floodlight from the front of the house until the council sort the light out, which can take a week or so.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

I saw it once up here and it really isn't much of a spectacle - you don't get astronauts waving as they pass or anything. Tbh, Marco's mobile disco going up the M56 would draw more attention.

What you get is the sun reflecting off it for a few brief minutes. I imagine you'd need a pretty good telescope to see it properly.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Right I'm off to see the bone folk at Chorley hospital now, and I'm hoping the cast on my arm is coming off, though everyone else thinks it's too soon. (Left) fingers crossed.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Good luck.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Well, cast is off, and providing I don't bang it hard on anything, I should be fine. But I think my boxing career has ended before it even began. Busy picking chunks of something off my hand now, not sure if it's dead skin or plaster residue, but it's yellow and looks pretty minging. Looking forward to a right handed arse wipe in the morning.

My friend's wife (who's a nurse) warned me I'll have a fair bit of pain in my wrist, which I do, and recommended getting a glucosamine gel for it. So next stop Holland & Barrett.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread