+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 47971371451461471481491571972476471147 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Anto.

No , it appears that I was one of 2 people watching it yesterday after weeks of non movement .
    It just happens that as soon as he made me the offer the other watcher bought it at the Buy It Now price , I think !!
    So, it gone
    I was busy anticipating his reply to me as I toweled myself down (after the shower) and had already in my head ,worked out which bits to swap ,that would make my TT spot on . Stupid Boy I am
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

The moral, Anto, in this heat, is always prioritise de-cheesing yer sweaty balls, so showers should always come first before ebay!

Marco,
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default Car insurance renewal ritual.

Just had an ‘invitation’ to renew my car insurance, only to find the premium has been increased by more than 20% over last year, for exactly the same cover.

I’ve been with the same company for eight years and for the first few years the premium actually decreased year on year. Then it suddenly increased by 25%, so I phoned them up to enquire why and was give some sob story about ‘ambulance chasers’. When I commented I could get the same amount of cover from competitor insurers for much less, they capitulated after some hard bargaining and offered a much better quote.

Since then the quotes have gone up by 13 – 17%, and each time I have to go through the ritual of looking at competitive quotes and haggling with my insurers. The actual monetary increase is comparatively small, so I might appear to be unnecessarily parsimonious, but it’s the principle of it that irks me.

I’m sure insurers automatically increase the premiums to established and loyal customers; treating them as ‘soft targets’ and relying on their ‘inertia’ so they will just shrug their shoulders and pay. Well not me!
    Barry

I'm Edward.

Not only have to do that for car insurance every year but also house insurance, breakdown insurance and other stuff. Always manage to get it reduced. Sky use to be amenable but now just say 'no'.

Am in a two fixed deal for gas/leccy which comes up in Jan '19. No doubt they will just stick me on their standard variable rate without telling me. So I will have to go on that merry go round again doing comparisons.

Also worth checking on newspaper/mag subscriptions if they can do a deal. There is one newspaper we subscribe to and their renewal was just silly. So when I chatted they immediately reduced the annual cost to below last year's and threw in a free Google Home device (worth £90).
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Ask them if they'd be willing to cancel the existing policy, then re-insure you on the same terms, but with a 'new business' discount (usually around 10%) and then haggle over the rest. I've done this. It works with some insurers.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

The hotter it gets the shorter my skirts become....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Mine too. It's very liberating!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Mine too. It's very liberating!
    I bet you look great in them Geoff....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

And I'm reliably informed he doesn't wear any pants under them either

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    And I'm reliably informed he doesn't wear any pants under them either

Marco.
    Gave the game away on that trampoline didn't I?

+ Reply to Thread