+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 32821221301311321331341421822326321132 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I've got dentist today

I don't have a problem with seeing the dentist. This time apparently I need some fillings redoing. If possible I will have them done with no anesthetic which is what I normally do... it makes me cry with pain but at least I can talk afterwards without dribbling
    So what’s wrong with a little dribbling? Basket ball stars do it all the time!

Russell

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think that was 'The Matrix'?

They do reckon that mathematically speaking we are almost certainly part of someone else's computer simulation.
    Someone was arguing with me on a YouTube video comment section about physics. He commented, “Just look at all the advancements in String Theory!”. What advancements? String Theory will probably never be proven, even those who came up with it have said so. The computer simulation theory is equally plausible. And equally provable. God has a few secrets left!

Russell

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    I love those kind of stories -
    bit like the one about the guy who was dreaming about the French Revolution; he was a noble lord and was brought to the guillotine by the rabble ... he was pushed into position with his head on the block and he heard the sound of the blade hurtling down towards him. At that moment his wife tickled his neck to wake him and the shock brought on a massive and instantly fatal heart attack.
    Over the years I've had a sort of recurring nightmare. The dream itself may vary, but always includes someone tickling my sides (like people used to do to you when you were a kid, but in these dreams the feeling is deeply unpleasant).

One night I woke from such a dream to find my missus tickling me in that same way. I shouted "It was you all along!" and banged my fist on the top of her head. She burst into tears, crying "You're not right in the head!" before storming out of the bedroom. It was at this point I properly woke up to find the missus sound asleep next to me.

Sometimes I can navigate through my dreams. I can look at something unfolding, and know that something bad is going to happen, and move to something else.

I also frequently move around between places in my home town, and all these places are familiar to me. But the town only exists in my dreams and in no way resembles anywhere I know during waking hours.

Some people think they never dream, but they do. They just don't remember them.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Why are there so many TV commercials with overweight women in these days? Are they trying to present 'the acceptable face of porkerism'? They do nothing for me.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

One night I woke from such a dream to find my missus tickling me in that same way. I shouted "It was you all along!" and banged my fist on the top of her head. She burst into tears, crying "You're not right in the head!" before storming out of the bedroom. It was at this point I properly woke up to find the missus sound asleep next to me.

The old 'false awakening' as used in many a horror film over the years. Like in American Werewolf where he's in the hospital with Jenny Agutter at the height of her powers.

I used to have a recurring dream up until a couple of years ago. I'm back at school in the sixth form with all my old mates, doing whatever we did. At some point in the dream I start to think that it feels like I've been in the sixth form for years and something isn't right.

Then I remember that I finished sixth form, went on to University, finished that and now it is decades later. And then I wake up.

Over the years the point at which I realise it is a dream got earlier and earlier, so maybe that is why I don't have it any more?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Why are there so many TV commercials with overweight women in these days? Are they trying to present 'the acceptable face of porkerism'? They do nothing for me.
    What do you want them to do for you? I'm sure they'll make your tea if you ask them nicely. Anyway, they do say the camera adds ten stone. Particularly if it's a giant camera made of cake with nice chocolate icing.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I used to have a recurring dream up until a couple of years ago. I'm back at school in the sixth form with all my old mates, doing whatever we did. At some point in the dream I start to think that it feels like I've been in the sixth form for years and something isn't right.

Then I remember that I finished sixth form, went on to University, finished that and now it is decades later. And then I wake up.

Over the years the point at which I realise it is a dream got earlier and earlier, so maybe that is why I don't have it any more?
    I have that with work dreams. Even in the dream I'm thinking 'I retired five years ago, so WTF?', Sometimes someone says 'You're working for nothing, why would you do that?' and I get really cross; other times I'm still being paid. Never dream about school, and never have done as far as I can remember.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I have that with work dreams. Even in the dream I'm thinking 'I retired five years ago, so WTF?', Sometimes someone says 'You're working for nothing, why would you do that?' and I get really cross; other times I'm still being paid. Never dream about school, and never have done as far as I can remember.
    LoL that does seem similar to my school dream though.

I have another recurring one now I think about it that I started having about 5 years ago. I get back together with an ex from 20 odd years ago. I'm blissfully happy and then she finishes with me and I'm gutted. And then I wake up.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I get that one sometimes, with my first love from 45 years ago. She looks as good as ever, and I know that she isn't going to stay with me. And I never get a shag either.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Russell.

Ok, here goes.....
    I had this dream 23 times in a row! I mean to say, 23 consecutive nights, the exact same dream, never changing, when I was only 17 years old. It started out that I only dreamed part of the way, and I woke, so the next night I’d get father along, and this continued until I had seen the whole thing.

I was in a large graveyard, in front of an old church, exactly like one in Petersburg VA. A really old cemetery with tombstones several hundred years old. Very old for the states. Anyway, near the front was a large stone about 2.5 meters square, and supported above it was a matching stone that was 2 meters thick that fit perfectly down on the slab below it. I was tied spread eagle on the lower stone, with a cloth diapered on me. The upper stone had some Latin writing on it, I’ve no idea what it said. All through the cemetery were these long curving roads, and along each road came a group of monks. With a priest wearing what looked like Catholic attire in the front, swinging an incense burner on a. Staff, and all those behind him were in plain white robes, hoods over their heads. About 4 of these processions made their way to where I was. The guy with the biggest hat said some words in Latin, and the others pulled the switch, and the large stone over my head fell, and squashed me flat! You’d think this would have been alarming! But instead I felt a calmness, almost a release. It squashed me perfectly so there was a bead of blood all the way around the stone, no drips. The 4 columns of men in white all passed by the stone on each side, and wiping a dab of blood on the him of their robe as they passed. When they were all done, they all went away in single file, the way they came, and the sun set as they disappeared over the hill.

Once I had seen the ending, I’ve never had the dream again. But some near 40 years later, I can remember every moment of it. It puzzled me for a long time as to why? I’ve got my ideas, but who the hell knows?

Russell

+ Reply to Thread