+ Reply to Thread
Page 1177 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 177677107711271167117511761177
Results 11,761 to 11,766 of 11766

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Oh well, it must be "the exception that proves the rule".
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Had some interesting customers over the years, but how about this one?

He and his wife have provided me with work for many years now. Really nice people. I was there this morning, drinking their coffee and eating all of their bourbon biscuits.

Timothy is now 86, but still keeping busy. Munich next month, and Singapore in June I believe. Long may it continue
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

In my new flat now, at 925 pm its cheap for Brighton. I got lucky here, bang In the centre of town , well the Hove part of Brighton, a classic regency building, basement flat, loving it so far. Can't believe I spent 2 yrs out in the sticks. Beach is a few minutes walk, or 30 minutes with my poor arthritic pooch. No more buses for me, god I fucking hate buses. Neighbours are quiet, only one adjoining property, the flat above, next door is a business. Roads a bit noisy but might try my hand at some cheap double glazing. Put up 2 kitchen shelves yesterday, only took me 5 hrs, my mate says they look OK, but I'm not so sure, he assures me they're fine, and the issue is my low shelf esteem.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Good news there Mike.

Around here you would have to pay ~ £1,600 a month for a flat like yours.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    In my new flat now, at 925 pm its cheap for Brighton. I got lucky here, bang In the centre of town , well the Hove part of Brighton, a classic regency building, basement flat, loving it so far. Can't believe I spent 2 yrs out in the sticks. Beach is a few minutes walk, or 30 minutes with my poor arthritic pooch. No more buses for me, god I fucking hate buses. Neighbours are quiet, only one adjoining property, the flat above, next door is a business. Roads a bit noisy but might try my hand at some cheap double glazing. Put up 2 kitchen shelves yesterday, only took me 5 hrs, my mate says they look OK, but I'm not so sure, he assures me they're fine, and the issue is my low shelf esteem.
    Listen to your mate Mike and give yourself a break. There will always be times when we can be a bit hard on ourselves, be sure to balance it by giving yourself some credit when something works out right

Depending upon how old your window(s) might be, another option could be to change the existing double glazed units to lami/tuff mix, ie toughened glass inner pane and laminated glass outer pane. Very good at reducing sound transmission, and gives more security too. Or even go for triple-glaze. Whichever, avoid 'Cloudy to Clear' glass replacement firm, their prices take the piss. Find a local one-man-band tradesman.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Listen to your mate Mike and give yourself a break. There will always be times when we can be a bit hard on ourselves, be sure to balance it by giving yourself some credit when something works out right

Depending upon how old your window(s) might be, another option could be to change the existing double glazed units to lami/tuff mix, ie toughened glass inner pane and laminated glass outer pane. Very good at reducing sound transmission, and gives more security too. Or even go for triple-glaze. Whichever, avoid 'Cloudy to Clear' glass replacement firm, their prices take the piss. Find a local one-man-band tradesman.
    It's a rented flat so that's putting better windows into someone else's house at your own expense. Okay so you get the benefit while you live there but it still jars with me a bit.

I have decorated some of the rentals I lived in but that wasn't expensive. And they really needed it!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread