+ Reply to Thread
Page 1171 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 17167110711121116111691170117111721173 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,710 of 11773

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    looks like a spear gun on the right hand side.

I'm guessing it's not.
    its an arm part of a sharpener system. there are different heads in the arm and 3 different arms in that one. i use the horl mostly as most of my knives are fairly sharp andts quick to just top them up. nowt worse than a blunt knife when cooking.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    its an arm part of a sharpener system. there are different heads in the arm and 3 different arms in that one. i use the horl mostly as most of my knives are fairly sharp andts quick to just top them up. nowt worse than a blunt knife when cooking.
    Kitchen fire comes a pretty close second
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Man buns.

I'm sure I'm seeing them more often. Can something not be done before it's too late?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It's a sartorial affectation that is popular at the moment. A decade or so previously it was a fashion to sport a single small pigtail at the top of the head.

A current fashion that I do dislike are facial tatoos, and facial piercings: the latter I find so repellent that I can't look at anyone who has them fully in the face.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

I see what you mean, but it's somewhere handy to keep your 5" pizza.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

There are several tribes in Africa where the women wear lip plates. The largest group are the Mursi who live in the Omo Valley in South Ethiopia, near the northern border with Kenya.

I have seen them when I visited the Omo valley. The Mursi male warriors are considered by many to be the most vicious in Africa. Sporting huge machetes and rifles they are not to be messed with - but they gave us no trouble.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    There are several tribes in Africa where the women wear lip plates. The largest group are the Mursi who live in the Omo Valley in South Ethiopia, near the northern border with Kenya.

I have seen them when I visited the Omo valley. The Mursi male warriors are considered by many to be the most vicious in Africa. Sporting huge machetes and rifles they are not to be messed with - but they gave us no trouble.
    Well you did say earlier that you can't stare people with facial "adornments" fully in the face, and that probably saved you from death or worse

T'other system:

A/V:

No, it's only the women who wear lip plates. The men are 'unadorned'.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

A week of mixed fortunes so far...

The first three days of this week might just be the toughest ever for me. Monday saw my phone recording 14,000 steps, half of it pushing a 20kg barrow, the other half with 60kg of old sodden turf on board, filling an 8 yard skip. Then it was cutting a 15 metre trench for drainage, followed by shovelling twelve assorted tons of sand, gravel and soil. I am now aching in places where I didn't know I had places.

But then yesterday I spent an interesting few minutes watching a female sparrowhawk trying her best to get at a sparrow in a bush, while paying no heed to me (it was less than 3 metres away). She was unsuccessful, but it was great entertainment for me. Then the customer's neighbour, who was having a garage clearout gave me a nearly-new Ryobi sander. Maybe because I was making a fuss of her dog.

I tell anyone who'll listen that I'm retiring, but I don't think I can. I'll enjoy a long weekend of chilling, but I just know that by Tuesday I'll be climbing the walls.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Oh, to be young again.

After almost a year, Anita's lad has parted company with his girlfriend. It's taken him almost a year to finally accept that he's allergic to screaming skulls and that she is a SCREAMING SKULL capital letters.

The signs were there from the start, already having three kids by two different dads. And now that she is pregnant again, it's four for three. There's a common denominator there. And to add to the fun, two of the kids have ADHD. Call me cynical and unsympathetic, but when I was at school the correct term was 'little shits'. Now I don't doubt the condition exists, but I suspect it is over-diagnosed, and used to excuse crappy behaviour.

When a teacher phoned yesterday to report the oldest one's violent and unpredictable behaviour, the mother let forth a barrage of abuse with a good dose of expletives her kids would have been proud of, then turned on Anita's son when he had the temerity to suggest the school might have a point when they use d words like accountability and discipline. Basically saying "it's got nothing to do with you, they're my kids". Because mum knows best.

Or maybe he just didn't want to trade in his rather nice Honda Civic for a crappy 7-seater people carrier to ferry them all round in.

So now we'll have an extra body and a shit load of bin bags to shoehorn into our bungalow. What joy.

Sorry for the rant, but then Abstract Chat has been rather quiet today.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread