+ Reply to Thread
Page 1166 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 166666106611161156116411651166116711681176 ... LastLast
Results 11,651 to 11,660 of 11773

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

That bloody van never stops suffering. After the AA 'fixed' it on Monday, I haven't used it until this morning. It got me as far as my son in-law's house four miles away, and died outside their house. Fuel starvation I think. I suspect that whatever they sealed the fuel pipe has caused some sort of blockage, at least I hope that's all it is.

Anyone want a 16 plate Vito? £1000. That is I'll pay someone a thousand quid to take it away
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    That bloody van never stops suffering. After the AA 'fixed' it on Monday, I haven't used it until this morning. It got me as far as my son in-law's house four miles away, and died outside their house. Fuel starvation I think. I suspect that whatever they sealed the fuel pipe has caused some sort of blockage, at least I hope that's all it is.

Anyone want a 16 plate Vito? £1000. That is I'll pay someone a thousand quid to take it away
    lucky white heather steve.. could easy be that or air blockage
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

One of these has appeared at my local petrol station - maybe it's just me, but I'm finding the way the world works increasingly difficult to navigate. I suppose companies use this sort of thing to keep costs down by not having to pay wages to an actual human, I just don't trust this kind of thing. I feel the same about car parking machines that requires payment via an app on your mobile phone.

Stop the world I want to get off!

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

And do we really need this? I have a blue wheely bin at the end of my drive, plastic bottles go in that. More eco-friendly than driving down to Iceland to dispose of my empties.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

And do we really need this? I have a blue wheely bin at the end of my drive, plastic bottles go in that. More eco-friendly than driving down to Iceland to dispose of my empties.

under the banner of stopping people throwing them all over place, but the folk who do that wont do anything bar throw em away.. its a money making scheme, pure and simple.

ours is green bin. blue is for cardboard etc
    Last edited by struth; 06-02-2024 at 13:46.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Our bin for cardboard is brown, pretty much cardboard-coloured. Council have actually made things easier for me, and it will no doubt be unintentional.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

Our bin for cardboard is brown, pretty much cardboard-coloured. Council have actually made things easier for me, and it will no doubt be unintentional.
    brown here is garden waste. dark grey is general waste. cos im disabled the guys come and get it and put it back. i always tip them at xmas/n year
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Our council provides large plastic bags for recycling the plastic. It gets collected every fortnight.

We also have separate sacks for paper and for cardboard, as well as a brown bin for garden waste and a black bin for general waste.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

I'm going to tell the council I'm partially colour blind and have short term memory issues so their wheelie bin colours are confusing me and I need addresses on them .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Whatever bin you use I bet it all goes to the same landfill or incinerator.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread