+ Reply to Thread
Page 1150 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 150650105011001140114811491150115111521160 ... LastLast
Results 11,491 to 11,500 of 11773

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    What I don't get is, if they wrote the Fundamental Charter of Human Rights just after the war before it was invented, who thought to put strong WiFi in it? They must have been pretty canny to think that far forward.
    There must be something in it about not having to share a room as well.

Been complaints round here that the food isn't very good and there's nothing to do. Well, yeah. Welcome to Stoke.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    And all the vacated royal residences can be used to house asylum seekers. Would need a few upgrades first (better broadband, reliable bus service, room service). Then they can have my house too, because I'd be buggering off abroad to one of the counties deemed not good enough for them.
    No, I want Buckingham palace for myself.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    No, I want Buckingham palace for myself.
    I'll take Kensington Palace, it's not on a busy roundabout.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Strange to find myself agreeing with a Tory. Robert Jenrick saying there are "too many migrants to integrate into society". That's been obvious for an awful lot of years, as evidenced by the 'ghetto-ising' of regions to the point of creating no-go areas for anybody who doesn't fit in.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Do you have personal experience of this?
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default Dr Who

Has anyone been watching the special Dr Who stories to celebrate 60 years since the first broadcast?

The last two, featuring David Tennant and Catherine Tate, have been remarkably philosophical and introspective. At times it seems as if Russell T Davies is being deliberately obtuse in order to explain the 'new rules', so that the Doctor can 'regenerate' more than the formerly allowed twelve times.

Now he has introduce the concept of "bi-generation", where there can be two Doctors at the same time - and conveniently two TARDIS police boxes. (Isn't it about time the TARDIS fixed its disguise mechanism?)
    Barry

I'm Martin.

No. It's always been a hit and miss show for me. The only good writer it ever had was Terry Nation.

Tennant was a good Doctor let down by poor scripts but once he left and it started getting woke that was the end for me.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

My (varying) interest in the Doctor Who stories has always been dependant upon the attractiveness of his assistant.

Classic Doctor Who. I can't remember who the Doctor was though.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes, I went to look at a flat in some part of East London around 2005, and I saw so many Asian men in those long shirts they wear that I thought I was in Pakistan, I didn't bother viewing the flat.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread