+ Reply to Thread
Page 1076 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 765769761026106610741075107610771078108611261176 ... LastLast
Results 10,751 to 10,760 of 11773

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I take it it was a tribute band. Nice surprise nonetheless.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Either that or they have a really good taxidermist in their entourage
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

it was a mate's band so not really surprising. They used to be an Iron Maiden tribute act but they decided the songs were too hard to play so this is their new direction.

It was a biker rally. I don't realise that biker chicks still existed in this day and age but they do.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I suppose it earns them a buck or two, but I've always had this idea that tribute acts are a bit tragic. Still, they may be wonderful .

It draws a parallel I suppose, to acting. Imagine going through life only being known for pretending not to be oneself.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I suppose it earns them a buck or two, but I've always had this idea that tribute acts are a bit tragic. Still, they may be wonderful .

It draws a parallel I suppose, to acting. Imagine going through life only being known for pretending not to be oneself.

sort of agree but they've all got day jobs. They did this for free as it was charity event for British Heart Foundation.

If you want to do your own stuff you need a good songwriter so doing a tribute is a good way to have a bit of fun without having to take it seriously.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

In London today visiting art galleries, brought cash as I lost my bankcard, and it was almost impossible to buy some food, looks like cash will be finished soon for good. Tate Britain is amazing, much better than Tate modern which is always packed, on weekends anyway.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Lawrence.

And especially the art itself which is much better in the Tate Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    And especially the art itself which is much better in the Tate Britain.
    That's a matter of opinion.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

That's a matter of opinion.
    As I'm sure all art is Is it the Tate Britain or Tate Modern that has the picture of the dogs playing pool?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Neither as far as I'm aware.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread