+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 353931011021031041051131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 11742

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

When did Wales become a unit of measurement?

News stories will say things like 'An area of rain forest the size of Wales is being cut down every year', or 'The polar ice caps are shrinking each year by half the size of Wales'.

Anglesey never gets a mention though.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Anglesey, no, but The Isle Of Wight gets a look in occasionally.

In America they don't know what a Wales is so they use the 'Texas' instead.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I did not know that! I love learning new and useless facts (not completely useless, I recite them loudly on the bus, and I get a seat all to myself)

I did hear that all the people in the world, stood shoulder to shoulder, would fit on the Isle of Wight. Makes it harder to disprove anyone's claim that they were there for Jimi Hendrix.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

I did hear that all the people in the world, stood shoulder to shoulder, would fit on the Isle of Wight. Makes it harder to disprove anyone's claim that they were there for Jimi Hendrix.
    Especially if they were just a baby at the time. Someone would have been holding them, so they wouldn't have taken up any of the standing room at all.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    stood shoulder to shoulder
    Apart from the vertically challenged who would be shoulder to groin or nose to armpit.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Apart from the vertically challenged who would be shoulder to groin or nose to armpit.
    You could cordon off a special area for them. Then it would not be too bad.

Toilet facilities would have to be properly thought through as well. They're quite posh on the IoW, they'd almost certainly object if someone crapped in their garden.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They're quite posh on the IoW
    Hardly. The place may have posh bits, but it's also got more than it's share of lowlife scumbags. It's the inbreeding you see.

I'm sorted.

I had a psychotic episode on the Isle of Wight once caused by too much anti histamine and strongbow.

I'm Steve.

I don't think you would need a special area for short folk (is that the correct term for them, it seems to change every week), integrating them with the regular height people could maximise use of space, Tetris-style.

As for the posh folks' gardens, bollocks to them I say. They can get 'the help' to clear it up afterwards.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I had a psychotic episode on the Isle of Wight once caused by too much anti histamine and strongbow.
    You can do that without the anti-histamine if you just drink enough strongbow. You probably don't need the Isle Of Wight either, helps as a catalyst of course.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread