+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

I lose the will to live when Ikea, but to relieve the boredom I count the pregnant women. The most I've counted is eight.

I think the hormones must accelerate the "nest builder" instinct, and the partner goes along with it for fear of getting battered (only kidding, mums-to-be, we love the place really, especially the rugs and crockery)
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ikea is great, if you know how to use it and like the kind of stuff they sell, which is almost always very high quality, for the price paid. For example, if you're a fan of big church candles, tea lights, etc, as we are, quite simply you can't get the quality available cheaper elsewhere!

The same applies to the likes of their plastic storage boxes, bedding, some of their lighting and kitchen utensils [pots and pans in particular] and kitchen accessories. Those are the kinds of things we use them for, not big items, such as furniture, as our period home wouldn't suit it. Some of the Swedish foodstuffs, sold near the store exits, are also of surprisingly good quality.

Barry, you're a madman for going on a bank holiday like Easter Monday - the *absolute worst* possible time!

The best time to go, is during a week day (not a Friday), outside of rush hour and any public holidays, when the 'great unwashed' are at work

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    ..... when the 'great unwashed' are at work
    Ha ha ha, poor f***ers,

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ikea is great, if you know how to use it and like the kind of stuff they do, which is almost always very high quality, for the price paid. For example, if you're a fan of big church candles, tea lights, etc, as we are, quite simply you can't get the quality available cheaper elsewhere!

The same applies to the likes of their plastic storage boxes, bedding, some of their lighting and kitchen utensils [pots and pans in particular] and kitchen accessories.
    Those are the kinds of things we use them for, not big items, such as furniture, as our period home wouldn't suit it.

Barry, you're a madman for going on Bank Holiday - the *absolute worst* possible time!

The best time to go, is during a week day (not a Friday), outside of rush hour and any public holidays, when the 'great unwashed' are at work

Marco.
    Those are all the things we go to Ikea for.

Yes I know, we normally go mid week when it's not too busy and will have lunch there. But Happy wanted to buy some stuff for our new house, and so we thought we would 'risk it'. Big mistake, but we got off lightly and enjoyed a nice light lunch at a local brasserie: bowl of lentil and carrot soup, bacon-filled ciabatta and a mocha coffee.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Ha ha ha, poor f***ers,
    Yes, it's hard not to sound smug, isn't it?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Just had a bowl cancer scope screening done.. not the most pleasant thing I've ever experienced but I'm all clear so can't be bad

Apparently the NHS is doing it for everyone that hits 55
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Those are all the things we go to Ikea for.

Yes I know, we normally go mid week when it's not too busy and will have lunch there. But Happy wanted to buy some stuff for our new house, and so we thought we would 'risk it'. Big mistake, but we got off lightly and enjoyed a nice light lunch at a local brasserie: bowl of lentil and carrot soup, bacon-filled ciabatta and a mocha coffee.
    No worries. We made a similar mistake too, once! We also usually tie a trip to Ikea (Warrington) in with a meal at a lovely little Italian restaurant, which has a proper wood oven, and so does wonderful pizzas! The house red wine, sold in carafes, is also good quality and excellent value for money.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Just had a bowl cancer scope screening done.. not the most pleasant thing I've ever experienced but I'm all clear so can't be bad

Apparently the NHS is doing it when you hit 55
    Good news Bev. You must be relieved.

Was it a colonoscopy or the faecal smear test? I have done the latter for the last few years - not as bad as one might think, and it is always better to spot any abnormalities whilst something can be done about it.
    Barry

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Good news Bev. You must be relieved.

Was it a colonoscopy or the faecal smear test? I have done the latter for the last few years - not as bad as one might think, and it is always better to spot any abnormalities whilst something can be done about it.
    I am relieved to be honest Barry. It was the colonoscopy.. like I say it wasn't perhaps the most pleasant experience but not too bad... funny thing was that I watched it all on a tv which was actually very interesting, I had no idea that's what we look like 'inside' if you know what I mean

I think I am at a higher risk as my father had a form of bowl cancer and now has a colostomy bag ... bless him..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Did my test last week and posted it straight away. Not as unpleasant as I thought it would be. I thought the stools would be softer than they were, but they were quite stick-like, more like the legs of an actual stool.

I don't think I would have managed it if I'd had sweet corn the day before.

Anyway I can relax now, as long as it doesn't get lost in the post
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread