+ Reply to Thread
Page 698 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 198598648688696697698699700708748798 ... LastLast
Results 6,971 to 6,980 of 11726

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    indeed.. thats my niece your insulting
    Not referring to Del, she may be posh too, for all I know No, we forum members are Marco's bit of rough...

And posh people never see themselves as posh, that's a moniker given by regular folk Embrace the poshness Marco! Nowt wrong with being posh, as long as it isn't used in a snobby way
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Not referring to Del, she may be posh too, for all I know
    Notably 'posher' than me, actually. And certainly accustomed to the finer things in life. Why she married me, I've no idea!

No, we forum members are Marco's bit of rough...

And posh people never see themselves as posh, that's a moniker given by regular folk Embrace the poshness Marco! Nowt wrong with being posh, as long as it isn't used in a snobby way
    I know you're joking, but I'd never look at anyone here like that. We're all daftees together!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I'm not talking about the 60s though, I was really too young to remember any of it. I'm talking about the 70s onwards, which I can remember. "Normal" is simply what you're used to!

And we didn't consider ourselves as 'posh' - far from it.

My dad was fortunate to own a successful business, but had to work bloody hard for his money. And the money he earned was always spent on either his family or nice things for the house. He didn't smoke, gamble or drink to excess (much like me), which meant he had more disposable income than the folks with those unfortunate vices, who otherwise perhaps could've afforded the same...

How dare you refer to Del like that! Lol, hope she's not reading this She certainly isn't that....

Lol, do you live on Chinese food - don't you ever cook?

Marco.
    No, I never cook, don't need to. Mrs. P cooks six days a week, including a roast dinner midweek, and does it well. Sunday is our lazy day.

T'other system:

A/V:

Ah right, no worries... It's the opposite for us (although Del also cooks during the week), but Sunday lunch has always been the highlight of the week (where we push the boat out), and which has been the case for both of us since we were born, so couldn't imagine having a Chinese (or Indian) takeaway, which for us is a midweek thing

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

There are some areas of the UK where it isn't possible to come from them and be posh. Birmingham, Liverpool, Newcastle, Scotland...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Oi - Scotland's a whole country!

Anyway, I'm sure the landed gentry/lairds, living in castles in the highlands and in the borders (plus their Scottish ancestors having also done so for centuries), would disagree - that is, IF they were crass enough to admit they were 'posh' in the first place!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Yes I suppose there might be a few of them.

Okay you can't be posh and come from Glasgow then. Edinburgh? Maybe.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Agreed, but with the 'Reekies' it'd almost certainly be false... Plus they're known as mean, boring bassas

An old Glasgow saying:

'Ye'll huv mair fun at a Glesga stabbin', than an Edinburgh wedding'...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Aren't there some nice bits in Bearsden? I once went fishing with an air traffic controller working at Cumbernauld, he was from Bearsden and he was slightly posh but his wife was ten times worse, a real piece of work

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread