+ Reply to Thread
Page 696 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 196596646686694695696697698706746796 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,960 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Really? I thought only blokes went in for "chubby chasing"
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Not much fat on me then mate, as the pics show - and the 'chubby' was, erm, adequate, too!

Anyway, it's about time you dug out some old pics and showed us how much of a 'sex on a stick' you were back then [minus poor, shrivelled 'wee Percy'] of course

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Not much fat on me then mate, as the pics show - and the 'chubby' was, erm, adequate, too!

Anyway, it's about time you dug out some old pics and showed us how much of a 'sex on a stick' you were back then [minus poor, shrivelled 'wee Percy'] of course

Marco.
    plenty on me. cant get into my suit oh well a diet i guess...
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Thing is folks go on and on about stuff being fenced off, shut down etc. the real reason that we all seem to be wrapped in cotton wool these days isn't because the powers that be are concerned about our welfare but about little Johnny's mum taking him to court because little Johnny was playing where he shouldn't and hurt himself. The simple fact is back when we were kids if you hurt yourself playing regardless of where it was it was your fault, whereas now we have adopted the American blame culture so that every accident is someone else's fault
    Yes exactly. Once they permitted no-win-no fee (aka 'ambulance chasing') in this country that was the start of it. People said it would happen and who was the PM at the time? Tony Blair - former lawyer. What does his wife do for a living? Lawyer. Plus all the other MPs who are lawyers. And whose mates will be lawyers, and all the law firms lobbying them.

Okay so the argument was supposed to be that poor people would be able to get justice, which is fair enough. But the unintended negative consequences have been massive, both financially and societally.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    ...whereas now we have adopted the American blame culture so that every accident is someone else's fault
    Precisely this. That was a huge error on this country's part, but of course so many view the world now as 'I want I want I want' and don't give a toss about the consequences of their 'compensation' wrangling.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... Out of interest, what year/era are you describing, Paul?

I'm pretty sure we had a colour TV from around the early 70s, simply because I can remember watching Dr Who (and John Pertwee) in colour, and we always had a phone in the hallway. We had central heating and (Everest) double glazing installed in the late 70s, so no frozen windows, and even before that I always had s small 'Dimplex' electric heater in my bedroom, so the room was never that cold, plus a coal fire in the lounge

And as for chippies, my dad had two of his own!

Marco.
    Hello Marco,
    It was the mid to late sixties, We never had a colour tv until the mid-seventies and a phone not untill the mid-eighties, but as they say 'what you dont have you dont miss'. To own 2 chippies you must have been very popular . The other thing I seem remember, is that there were no or very few overweight kids about unlike today, when I see so many that shall we say are overweight to put it mildly which is rather sad really.
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

Totally agree, Paul. Never seen so many wee fatties wobbling around. Short of some sort of medical condition, there's really no excuse to be so overweight at that age, but it's because the lazy wee buggers don't MOVE enough, as they're always sat in front of their bloody screens!!

Probably the same as you, when I was that age, I was outside running around/cycling or whatever, from morning till night, and had BAGS of energy! Now all you hear is that they're 'tired' [doing WHAT exactly?] or 'bored'...

Of course there are exceptions, but the basic fact is that a poor (highly calorific) diet + lack of exercise/sedentary lifestyle = FATTY Bellafonte. Not sure what the answer is either... And it's many of the adults today, too!

Don't know how you survived without a landline phone until the mid-80s, though...

I presume you had a call box near you that wasn't doubling as a public loo!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

I think colour tellies became available in the UK about 1967 or 68. I was born in 68 and don't recall us ever having a black and white telly so my old man must have been an early adopter, but he was always well into his telly.

Rented of course, they cost as much as a car to buy back then.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

not sure when we got colour. uk got it in 69, so im guessing around then or next year or so. say 1970/71. tv used to be just 2 channels on 405 lines, then bbc2 came out but only on 625.. that was just a bit before colour
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yeah, that sounds about right, although we owned ours. My parents were very anti-debt, or paying anything up... If they couldn't afford to buy something outright, they went without.

But through hard work, my dad's businesses paid well, so that was rarely the case. I remember the TVs in those days though being about as reliable as the workmanship of a British Leyland worker!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread