+ Reply to Thread
Page 694 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 194594644684692693694695696704744794 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,940 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Slingshots were popular the rest of the year when there was no snow.
    We all had Milbro catapults as kids, they were great. And I became really accurate with mine. I have looked from time to time on Ebay for a genuine original, out of nostalgia They start at about £20, and I would buy one tomorrow, but Mrs. P already thinks I'm mental.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm guy.

we used to make catapults with suitable "y" shaped branches - eventually, I saved up enough pocket money to buy an aluminium one and was very close to taking my eye out when I let go of the wrong end

Also used to make boomerangs with ply wood and gave my mate a nasty gash on his forehead (a few stitches) when I hit him with it.

We also used to fire "Dan Dare" rockets (very small rockets for Bonfire night, any one else remember them?) through a piece of TV aerial (two wood pegs as handles) at a neighbours pigeons.

And what do kids do today, play video games - when I was a lad...........
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Paul.

We used to have adventure playgrounds where you were given a hammer and nails and bits of timber and then go to build any structure you wanted, Climb conker trees to a great height, go scrumping, pop up to the chip shop and ask for free scraps, do penny for the guy, carol singing, we only had a black and white telly, no phone, and the windows used to freeze up on the inside every year. Great times when I look back.
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm guy.

^^^^^^
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by p147 View Post
    We used to have adventure playgrounds where you were given a hammer and nails and bits of timber and then go to build any structure you wanted, Climb conker trees to a great height, go scrumping, pop up to the chip shop and ask for free scraps, do penny for the guy, carol singing, we only had a black and white telly, no phone, and the windows used to freeze up on the inside every year. Great times when I look back.
    Sounds like reminiscing about the Gulag.

I know what you mean though, times are definitely worse now. Ruined by scaremongering, political correctness bulls*it, and namby pambies who fence off / close / cancel everything that's not 100% wrapped in cotton wool and antibiotic'd to hades. It's a crap world to grow up in.

I'm Martin.

I'd have said the same thing ten years ago but I look at my nieces and nephews and they seem very happy with their childhoods.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'd have said the same thing ten years ago but I look at my nieces and nephews and they seem very happy with their childhoods.
    Yeah. My grand-daughters always seemed happy enough. In their early/mid teens now and just about grown up. The lockdowns don't seem to faze them, but they are single minded and independant, so adjust well to things.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

its a more dangerous world today of course and thus the extra protections most parents feel they need. but to overcover their kids can be bad too. The interweb, as amazing and useful as it is, is also a minefield for kids and parents.
    i mean when i was a kid the sum of warnings we got were dont go off with strange men and dont get into a strangers car unless you intend stealing it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009...52_634x432.jpg

Seat belts? what are they? The kids all have snakes belts, will they do?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Thing is folks go on and on about stuff being fenced off, shut down etc. the real reason that we all seem to be wrapped in cotton wool these days isn't because the powers that be are concerned about our welfare but about little Johnny's mum taking him to court because little Johnny was playing where he shouldn't and hurt himself. The simple fact is back when we were kids if you hurt yourself playing regardless of where it was it was your fault, whereas now we have adopted the American blame culture so that every accident is someone else's fault

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread