+ Reply to Thread
Page 995 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 495895945985993994995996997100510451095 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,950 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

i see 2 russian missiles overshot(?) and hit nato poland killing people.. that could cause issues. they badly need to wind their necks in.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

It could have been a Ukrainian defence missile, or it could have not.........I had a feeling the proxy element of this war wasn't gonna go away that easily. Nato really should have listened to all those warnings 20, 30 years ago about expanding too close to Russia's borders.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Martin.

This weeks supermarket news - waffles and potato cakes back in stock. Yay. Bought a load of them just in case.

Cock up at the checkouts, thought my timing was good but no, lots of fatties buying a ton of stuff and only 2 tills open. Worse still some cockney geezer in front decided he wanted more wine so went off to get it, then when he gets back wants to use a voucher that won't go through...if I'd picked the other till would have been out a few minutes quicker.

fifty-fifty chance but wrong choice again. Spent 35 quid don't think I've ever spent that much before on a shop in my life.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    This weeks supermarket news - waffles and potato cakes back in stock. Yay. Bought a load of them just in case. Cock up at the checkouts, thought my timing was good but no, lots of fatties buying a ton of stuff and only 2 tills open. Worse still some cockney geezer in front decided he wanted more wine so went off to get it, then when he gets back wants to use a voucher that won't go through...if I'd picked the other till would have been out a few minutes quicker. fifty-fifty chance but wrong choice again. Spent 35 quid don't think I've ever spent that much before on a shop in my life.
    you invariably pick wrong queue. even one with 1 in it and 4 in other usually goes pear shaped. by potato cakes, do you mean potato scones
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    you invariably pick wrong queue. even one with 1 in it and 4 in other usually goes pear shaped. by potato cakes, do you mean potato scones
    Never heard of a potato scone but could be another name for the same thing.

Diss is dem:

Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

look similar.. potato scones are scottishirish triangles with a round top edge. thin and are fried lightly.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

looks like the same thing.

My grandmother used to make them with the previous days leftover mashed potato.

Don't think the storebought are as good but might be my memory as going back almost fifty years now.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Fifty years ago, probably used lard. That might be the difference. Another case of something good being ruined in the name of healthy eating.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Fifty years ago, probably used lard. That might be the difference. Another case of something good being ruined in the name of healthy eating.
    I did ask my mother about the recipe that her mother used, but my mother has zero interest in cooking food or even eating food and so has no idea. Looks like the recipe died with my grandmother.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Did once share a house with a bloke who used lard to cook pretty much everything. He'd go through one of those big blocks in a week. He was about twenty stone and struggled to breath though, so there is a downside.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread