+ Reply to Thread
Page 375 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475875 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    GI in Gastrointestinal i think; usually low fibre
    More likely Glycaemic Index. The GI is a rating of how quickly carbohydrates are converted into sugar. The faster a food is broken down during digestion, the quicker will be the rise in blood sugar. Since one of the aims of treating diabetes is to keep blood glucose levels steady throughout the day, foods which cause sharp rises are best kept to a minimum (except in he case of a hypoglycaemic event). Foods that cause a rapid rise in blood glucose will have a high GI, so the key is to choose more low-GI foods regularly.

Low-GI foods can also help you to eat less as you feel fuller for longer, have lower incidence of heart disease and with improved levels of 'good' cholesterol.
    Barry

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Welcome back Russell, glad you are on the mend. One question - what does a soft GI diet comprise and how does it differ to what they feed to Marines?

Re. the hammock hanky panky - I think the problem would be largely one of access, what with the "curtains" being pretty much drawn. Unless the receptacle is of Wizard's sleeve proportions
    I believe the soft GI does stand for Gastro Intestinal. And foods are like chicken noodle soup, oatmeal, puddings and the like. Stuff like beef, and breads, which are either hard to digest, or create gas, are not on the list. Just think gentle, easily digested and none gaseous. I was adventurous last night at supper, with a non-spicy chicken fajitas, and wow did I pay for it! Almost immediate regret! But I am slowly getting back to regular food. And the good news is I lost near 20 pounds! The first week I was restricted to shaved ice only! I wasn’t even allowed to have a glass of water, but I did sneak a glass here and there, to keep my lips from cracking off.

Yes the hammock thing is expressly for the young! And works best with the male on the bottom, her legs hanging off the sides, and the rocking of the boat doing the work! Or so I would imagine. Not that I would know?

I recall when I was young, everyone raved about water beds! I never owned one. My wife’s cousin told her, “you need a water bed! They are great for love making!”, to which my wife replied, “I’m scared my high heels would pop a hole in it”, and her cousin, looking puzzled, replied, “Why would you wear heels in bed?”, my wife told her, “ Lord child, if you don’t know I can’t help you!”. Ah, to be young again! Youth is wasted on the young.

Russell

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    More likely Glycaemic Index. The GI is a rating of how quickly carbohydrates are converted into sugar. The faster a food is broken down during digestion, the quicker will be the rise in blood sugar. Since one of the aims of treating diabetes is to keep blood glucose levels steady throughout the day, foods which cause sharp rises are best kept to a minimum (except in he case of a hypoglycaemic event). Foods that cause a rapid rise in blood glucose will have a high GI, so the key is to choose more low-GI foods regularly.

Low-GI foods can also help you to eat less as you feel fuller for longer, have lower incidence of heart disease and with improved levels of 'good' cholesterol.
    You may be right, I assumed it was Gastro intestinal, but I really don’t know that for sure. What you say makes a lot of sense.

Russell

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Steve, you have a PM. Please reply. ASAP - ta!

Russell, really sorry to hear of your recent ordeal and hope you're now in an altogether better place, my friend

Marco.
    Thanks Marco, and yes I am. I am in a far better place than I was two weeks ago, I’m hoping I make as much improvement over these next two weeks, and in 3 weeks or so I hope to be up swinging my bass around!

Russell

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Now has anyone managed to have sex in a hammock ?

I reckon it might be quite tricky so any pointers would be appreciated...
    We once rented a holiday place in Mexico where they had several hammocks including one in the bedroom parallel to the bed. We never had sex in the hammock but we did have sex with one in the hammock and one on the edge of the bed and just using the swinging action of the hammock. Was exceptionally good , still remember it to this day and i think it was 20 years ago....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Discopants View Post
    We once rented a holiday place in Mexico where they had several hammocks including one in the bedroom parallel to the bed. We never had sex in the hammock but we did have sex with one in the hammock and one on the edge of the bed and just using the swinging action of the hammock. Was exceptionally good , still remember it to this day and i think it was 20 years ago....

I assume no donkeys were harmed in the making of that holiday
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I assume no donkeys were harmed in the making of that holiday
    To the best of my knowledge, no donkeys were harmed, i cant recall seeing any.....

I'm Dennis.

Diabetes caused I think by continuing to eat as a bodybuilder, but not training, ie. eating too much out of habit.

I just cut back to the point at which my body started to feel hunger again.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Diabetes caused I think by continuing to eat as a bodybuilder, but not training, ie. eating too much out of habit.

I just cut back to the point at which my body started to feel hunger again.
    My bother in law’s brother has had that same problem. He trained for years, won awards. But as age caught up to him, he messed up his back lifting too much weight, and as soon as he became idle he instantly developed diabetes. I must note he did illegal things to bulk up, using steroids etc. so that increased his risk dramatically. Trying to transition back into a normal life has been tough for him, his body doesn’t want to go back to normal, and he can’t keep up the advanced training, between a rock and a hard place.

Russell

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Thanks Marco, and yes I am. I am in a far better place than I was two weeks ago, I’m hoping I make as much improvement over these next two weeks, and in 3 weeks or so I hope to be up swinging my bass around!
    Nice one mate, you've been missed. Hopefully engaging in the banter here, with our resident daftees, will aid you towards a full recovery!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread