+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 611111511591601611621631712112616611161 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Blimey. He sounds just like I used to be.
    The key part of that sentence is 'used to be'. He'll be 59 on Sunday.

He's very thoughtful with family though - even when my youngest brother, who was keeping Tony's share of our inheritance in his bank, spent most of it (about £22,000), he didn't get punched. And Tony knows he will never get that money back.

I'm just glad I spent my share sharpish (half of it on me stereo).
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    He should have his own TV show.

I've got a brother who works in banking and one in the Civil Service. Not very exciting but at least no-one in the family is an accountant.
    If you don't think you have a black sheep in your family, it's probably you.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Oh it is me there's no doubt about that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If you don't think you have a black sheep in your family, it's probably you.
    Hmm. It's a toss up between me and my brother. Both of us have what might euphemistically be described as chequered pasts, as we were a bit naughty when we were younger.

I'm Steve.

Nothing like a bit of chequered past to build character. The most interesting people will probably have one. Probably the naughtiest thing I ever did was running through fields of wheat with Theresa May.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Did you end up rimming her? If so, you get 500 extra 'bad boy' brownie points, and a 'Brucie Bonus' of £50, for having performed fellatio.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Spent the whole of this afternoon at Tate Modern, London. Hadn't been there for a couple of years, so it was good to visit the place again.

I used to be a regular 'culture vulture', visiting London twice a week to attend concerts, exhibitions and visit art galleries and museums - but for various reasons it dropped off considerably in the '00s.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

I'm not admitting to anything! Anne Widdecombe would have my balls in a vice if she found out I'd been unfaithful. Now that did take some rimming. Luckily there's a bus route round it.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Spent the whole of this afternoon at Tate Modern, London. Hadn't been there for a couple of years, so it was good to visit the place again.

I used to be a regular 'culture vulture', visiting London twice a week to attend concerts, exhibitions and visit art galleries and museums - but for various reasons it dropped off considerably in the '00s.
    Sorry about that Barry.

I've not visited London for over 36 years and I keep promising myself a visit, but it's just so expensive. I did visit a museum there when I was fourteen, can't remember which but I remember a mummy, Rameses something I think.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Sorry about that Barry.

I've not visited London for over 36 years and I keep promising myself a visit, but it's just so expensive. I did visit a museum there when I was fourteen, can't remember which but I remember a mummy, Rameses something I think.
    I'm still a regular visitor to London (it's only 35 minutes by train), but my visits to museums and galleries are not as frequent there as they used to be. As I said it has been two years since I last visited the Tate Modern gallery.

Apropos your museum visit, was it to see the Tutankhamun exhibition at the British Museum in 1972?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread