+ Reply to Thread
Page 1174 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 17467410741124116411721173117411751176 ... LastLast
Results 11,731 to 11,740 of 11762

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Nah - my 'overalls' are actually a boiler suit; the sort you climb into. But they do have a fashionable rip in one of the knees!

My partner has offered to buy me a new replacement. When I had a look online, and found one for £250, she lost interest.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Nah - my 'overalls' are actually a boiler suit; the sort you climb into. But they do have a fashionable rip in one of the knees!

My partner has offered to buy me a new replacement. When I had a look online, and found one for £250, she lost interest.
    £250? What were the buttons made of?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

These look to be decent value, but postage is bit much. Maybe the Post Office are anticipating some big expenses coming up...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/315196864...Bk9SR9CMo6baYw
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

Your first boiler suit should last a lifetime. The stains and repairs are like campaign medals.

Mine would have done but someone borrowed it in 1997 and I never got it back.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Buying CD storage new seems to be impossible. Was after some a few years back. Nothing on tinternet.

I eventually got some storage towers from the charity shop but I was checking for ages before any came in. I suppose people just skip them. Probably with the CDs still in them.
    These work fine for storage-

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/gnedby-...hite-40277143/
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Your first boiler suit should last a lifetime. The stains and repairs are like campaign medals.

Mine would have done but someone borrowed it in 1997 and I never got it back.
    It did - it belonged to my father. I now use it, and it's been used hard and I have never had the rips or worn parts patched. It's too far gone to do anything about it now

Surprisingly it has very few stains on it - I'm far too neat and tidy when painting to let that happen.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    £250? What were the buttons made of?
    They're made by an outfit called &SONS and are called Churchill Denim Coveralls.

I can't find a direct link, but only showed it to my partner as a joke.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

People earning six figure salaries complaining that they're skint:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...y/ar-BB1lxKru?

This poor bloke is barely getting by:

''We have the same holidays we had £50,000 ago. We might go on holiday once a year to somewhere like Portugal, and we’ll stay in a Hilton. We might do a tasting menu in central London once every three months.''
    Current Lash Up:

I'm guy.

My heart bleeds for them
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    My heart bleeds for them
    Imagine being reduced to staying in a Hilton. I mean it's barely above sleeping in a cardboard box under a flyover.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread