+ Reply to Thread
Page 616 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 1165165666066146156166176186266667161116 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    In these strange times, I have increasingly been listening to BBC Radio 4.

Absolute cracker of a Radio show today. Open Country at 15.00 Hours.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl7j/2020/11/26

Eilean Shona on the Western Coast of Scotland. Have you ever seen a lovelier place?

https://eileanshona.com/

Better than the Scillies IMO. Water is flippin' freezing but the Scillies are cold too. So no loss there.
    I once tried to swim in that, near Ullapool lasted about 30 seconds
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

A new procedure using tiny cameras inside a pill to help detect bowel cancer has been launched in Tayside.

The ScotCap test will be rolled out across health boards in Scotland as an alternative to a traditional colonoscopy.

The cameras take pictures of the lining of the bowel to look for any problems or signs of disease.

About 70,000 people in Scotland undergo colonoscopy treatment each year.

The programme, which is backed by the Scottish government, has been accelerated in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.

It is hoped the programme will help health boards tackle a backlog of patients and reduce waiting times.

The cameras transmit images to a recorder worn by the patient

NHS Tayside will run the service at clinics in Perth Royal Infirmary and Royal Victoria Hospital.

Dr Craig Mowat, consultant gastroenterologist with NHS Tayside, said: "The Colon Capsule is a pill-sized camera which has a bright light and two cameras which beam images to a recorder worn by the patient.

"It films the inside of the lower intestine to determine whether there are any abnormalities.

"The Colon Capsule makes the procedure non-invasive, painless and the patient does not need to be sedated."

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Gives a whole new meaning to 'tunnel vision'.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

id be much happier swallowing that than having the colonoscopy up the snarse
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

One of biology's biggest mysteries has been solved using artificial intelligence, experts have announced.

Predicting how a protein folds into a unique three-dimensional shape has puzzled scientists for half a century.

London-based AI lab, DeepMind, has largely cracked the problem, say the organisers of a scientific challenge.

A better understanding of protein shapes could play a pivotal role in the development of novel drugs to treat disease.

The advance by DeepMind is expected to accelerate research into a host of illnesses, including Covid-19.

Their program determined the shape of proteins at a level of accuracy comparable to expensive and time-consuming lab methods, they say.

Dr Andriy Kryshtafovych, from University of California (UC), Davis in the US, one of the panel of scientific adjudicators, described the achievement as "truly remarkable".

"Being able to investigate the shape of proteins quickly and accurately has the potential to revolutionise life sciences," he said.

Proteins are present in all living things where they play a central role in the chemical processes essential for life.

Made up of strings of amino acids, they fold up in an infinite number of ways into elaborate shapes that hold the key to how they carry out their vital functions.

Many diseases are linked to the roles of proteins in catalysing chemical reactions (enzymes), fighting disease (antibodies) or acting as chemical messengers (hormones such as insulin).

"Even tiny rearrangements of these vital molecules can have catastrophic effects on our health, so one of the most efficient ways to understand disease and find new treatments is to study the proteins involved," said Dr John Moult of the University of Maryland, US, the chair of the panel of scientific adjudicators.

"There are tens of thousands of human proteins and many billions in other species, including bacteria and viruses, but working out the shape of just one requires expensive equipment and can take years."
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    A new procedure using tiny cameras inside a pill to help detect bowel cancer has been launched in Tayside.

The ScotCap test will be rolled out across health boards in Scotland as an alternative to a traditional colonoscopy.

The cameras take pictures of the lining of the bowel to look for any problems or signs of disease.

About 70,000 people in Scotland undergo colonoscopy treatment each year.

The programme, which is backed by the Scottish government, has been accelerated in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.

It is hoped the programme will help health boards tackle a backlog of patients and reduce waiting times.

The cameras transmit images to a recorder worn by the patient

NHS Tayside will run the service at clinics in Perth Royal Infirmary and Royal Victoria Hospital.

Dr Craig Mowat, consultant gastroenterologist with NHS Tayside, said: "The Colon Capsule is a pill-sized camera which has a bright light and two cameras which beam images to a recorder worn by the patient.

"It films the inside of the lower intestine to determine whether there are any abnormalities.

"The Colon Capsule makes the procedure non-invasive, painless and the patient does not need to be sedated."

I recently got an NHS text telling me to expect a shit-kit through the post any day now. Not a big fan of the "turd-on-stick" method, so I would welcome this technology. No doubt Marco will poo-poo the idea, fearing that the government will use it to collect data on his eating habits, and what he likes to stick up his bum at the weekend

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I recently got an NHS text telling me to expect a shit-kit through the post any day now. Not a big fan of the "turd-on-stick" method, so I would welcome this technology.
    At least with the new method you do it the once. Before, you had to provide three consecutive samples (smears).
    Barry

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I recently got an NHS text telling me to expect a shit-kit through the post any day now. Not a big fan of the "turd-on-stick" method, so I would welcome this technology. No doubt Marco will poo-poo the idea, fearing that the government will use it to collect data on his eating habits, and what he likes to stick up his bum at the weekend
    I had one of those earlier this month - results ok. Now I have to remember to request another "shit-kit" in two years time; I have trouble remembering what to do tomorrow. I suppose I could put a "post it" note on the fridge
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Don't worry, the NHS will remind you come the time.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I had one of those earlier this month - results ok. Now I have to remember to request another "shit-kit" in two years time; I have trouble remembering what to do tomorrow. I suppose I could put a "post it" note on the fridge
    As Barry says, they do that for you Guy. I had the test two years ago, and a couple of weeks ago the NHS wrote to me to say I can expected another shit-kit in the coming days. Not quite worded that way. Yesterday it arrived It also said that we will receive one every two years up to the age of 74 I think.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread