+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 601101501581591601611621702102606601160 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    NO NO NO , thats not a chain saw , This IS

And it cuts bigger bits
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brfK...&frags=pl%2Cwn
    Lol! Screwfix don't sell that one, anyway, I'm older and weaker that those two men that are required to lift the saw!
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    NO NO NO , thats not a chain saw , This IS

And it cuts bigger bits
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brfK...&frags=pl%2Cwn
    Reminds me of The Young Ones, where they fitted the Ford Anglia engine to the Hoover.

About 1min 39 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMb4NogC4us

Looking at the "engine" it's a mock up, and has two BMC A series rocker covers on it.
    Spendorman

I'm Martin.

You'd have thought they would have used a real engine.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    An update on the Titan electric chainsaw mentioned in post 1581 etc. Went to Screwfix last night and bought one. Put it together this morning, wow, it makes cutting bigger stuff in the garden so easy. Obviously at just under £50 it's built to a budget, but seems pretty sound in design and construction.

So far I can thoroughly recommend it.

Safety, of course, wear appropriate personal protection and read the instructions!

It doesn't come with oil, have to buy that separately, Screwfix charge £4.99 for a Litre.

One other point, as it's a 2000 Watt motor, cable is quite thick and not all that long, an extension lead is necessary, make sure it's rated for that sort of power, and if it's on a reel, unwind the reel fully.
    Aye, cable reels get pretty warm with that much current.

I have a 9" angle grinder and an SDS drill, both Titan. Built like tanks and still going strong after 2 or 3 years.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Aye, cable reels get pretty warm with that much current.

I have a 9" angle grinder and an SDS drill, both Titan. Built like tanks and still going strong after 2 or 3 years.
    Good to know, seems that Titan is a good budget brand.
    Spendorman

I'm Steve.

And never had a problem with Screwfix aftersales.

About 3 years ago my brother bought a Titan SDS drill, burnt out the motor same day, returned it and it was exchanged no question. The replacement only lasted a day, and that was duly replaced. What he failed to mention was that he was core-drilling for 5" soil pipes through 12" of solid sandstone wall, which was way beyond its intended use.

That kind of barefaced cheek is outside my comfort zone and offends my sense of fair play, but nice to know Screwfix will look after their customers.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

This is your road rage brother? He really doesn't give one does he? I like him even more now.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    This is your road rage brother? He really doesn't give one does he? I like him even more now.
    Yes the same one. Although he doesn't have the road rage, he just incites it in others. In the two most recent cases, he was invited to leave at the next services, so this bloke could sort him out. Not expecting my brother to comply. No scrap, but the other guy was badly humiliated in front of his girlfriend. the other incident ended with the other feller getting a face full of dog turd. Family, eh?

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

He should have his own TV show.

I've got a brother who works in banking and one in the Civil Service. Not very exciting but at least no-one in the family is an accountant.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yes the same one. Although he doesn't have the road rage, he just incites it in others. In the two most recent cases, he was invited to leave at the next services, so this bloke could sort him out. Not expecting my brother to comply. No scrap, but the other guy was badly humiliated in front of his girlfriend. the other incident ended with the other feller getting a face full of dog turd. Family, eh?
    Blimey. He sounds just like I used to be.

+ Reply to Thread