+ Reply to Thread
Page 1073 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 735739731023106310711072107310741075108311231173 ... LastLast
Results 10,721 to 10,730 of 11761

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Grant.

his sister got mugged once
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ah - so your smileys were for the gushing and smaltzy writing, not for the over-enhusiastic wave of magnanimity and altruism displayed by the boy.
    I suppose it had to be reported, since News at Ten stopped doing their "and finally" spot. (so I'm told, I manage to avoid the news most of the time).
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Dug my little Unimat lathe out from its hiding place yesterday. Now all I have to do is remember how to use it, I think it's all there .

Looks very very well made, solid and useful. Wish I had one (and a decent column drill); then i would make up a few bits and bobs for my audio system. Maybe even make a tonearm to my own design.

There is a Mk3 for sale on eBay at a reasonable price:

I'm tempted, but since the seller is in Spain, no doubt there will be a whole slew of extra costs now that we have left the EU. So I'll think I'll give it a miss.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    There is a Mk3 for sale on eBay at a reasonable price
    Looks rather nice.

As I recall, the Unimat 3 and Unimat 4 are similar, the only difference being that production in UK ceased with the 3
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Eleven angry men and one who'll side with the majority to get an early dart Though if you have the energy, fight for a guilty verdict - too many scrotes getting off because of smart-arse lawyers.

Pity there isn't jury selection like in the US, you could get sent home just by saying the right things.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

folk who ate there might now be feeling a bit worse for wear

20 years a piece i think
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

UK Foreign Secretary James Cleverly has said the destruction of the Nova Kakhovka dam only happened because of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
    do these folk get paid large amounts of dosh to say the bleedin' obvious??

must be the worst govt in our history
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

He's as thick and as ineffectual as the rest of the Cabinet.

And we've still got over a year to put up with this self-interested, mendacious and totally useless bunch of politicians.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

I wouldn't be pinning too much hope on the alternative.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread