+ Reply to Thread
Page 1072 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 725729721022106210701071107210731074108211221172 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,720 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

Just had a summons for jury duty. They must be scraping the bottom of the barrel!

At least watching all those episodes of 'Crown Court' back in the 1970s whilst off sick from school will now come in useful. Who'd have thought?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

that'll be a week you wont get back
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    that'll be a week you wont get back
    I doubt I'll get paid either and you can only claim back £67 a day so it's going to cost me money too. What joy.

Can't really take that kind of time off work either without it all going tits up so I'll be going back to a colossal mess.

Why could they not have summoned me this time last year when I was doing jack shit and would have welcomed the diversion?

Surely there's enough retired/unemployed/poxy students to make up juries from without dragging people away from their jobs?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

they may not take you anyway. i was called once but told them i looked after my wife 24/7 and they would need to supply a carer for when i was away... never heard from them again.
    wife got called once too i told them she was keen but would need an ambulance to take here and bring her back and a carer to sit with her...

both were true
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    they may not take you anyway. i was called once but told them i looked after my wife 24/7 and they would need to supply a carer for when i was away... never heard from them again.
    wife got called once too i told them she was keen but would need an ambulance to take here and bring her back and a carer to sit with her...

both were true
    That's it though - you had reasonable grounds, I don't. At best I can get it deferred but there's no benefit in doing that. Might as well just get it over and done with.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

I did it years ago. A pain, tube train to St James Park every day for a couple of weeks. It was the trial of two girls who mugged Tony Blair's assistant. They were guilty as hell and the only jury member who said otherwise was of the same ethnicity. Strange that.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Article read like a sugary jam doughnut bathed in syrup then dropped onto a turd left by a beagle puppy with digestive problems. Well you did ask.
    Ah - so your smileys were for the gushing and smaltzy writing, not for the over-enhusiastic wave of magnanimity and altruism displayed by the boy.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I did it years ago. A pain, tube train to St James Park every day for a couple of weeks. It was the trial of two girls who mugged Tony Blair's assistant. They were guilty as hell and the only jury member who said otherwise was of the same ethnicity. Strange that.
    So did I.

Who was Tony Blair's assistant - Alistair Cambell? (Strictly speaking you are not supposed to discuss the case with anyone, even after the advent.)
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Just had a summons for jury duty. They must be scraping the bottom of the barrel!

At least watching all those episodes of 'Crown Court' back in the 1970s whilst off sick from school will now come in useful. Who'd have thought?
    Eleven angry men and one who'll side with the majority to get an early dart Though if you have the energy, fight for a guilty verdict - too many scrotes getting off because of smart-arse lawyers.

Pity there isn't jury selection like in the US, you could get sent home just by saying the right things.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    So did I.

Who was Tony Blair's assistant - Alistair Cambell? (Strictly speaking you are not supposed to discuss the case with anyone, even after the advent.)
    It was a youngish female. Don't recall the name.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread